Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Optioned SRT Rims (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/optioned-srt-rims-54379.html)

chero8 02-06-2013 10:44 PM

Optioned SRT Rims

1 Attachment(s)
Hey all,

I have come across these pics, dont know if they have already been floating around. I was 100% going with the black vapour rims, and more likely still am, BUT, looking at this picture of the Goliath rims, they don't look that bad IMO. The question is, are they what is going to be available.....they look vastly different to those that debuted in Detroit..., perhaps the picture has been photoshopped a bit??????:confused:

jgc4ever 02-06-2013 11:52 PM

Re: Optioned SRT Rims

2 Attachment(s)
That's a computer animation as I'm sure you know and the dimensions of the vehicle and those "goliath" rims don't look proportional to reality. Personally, I think the Black Vapor chrome are by far the nicest of the three choices.

chero8 02-07-2013 12:25 AM

Yeah your right, they look good animated though!, realistically they look crap, and yes the vapour chrome are the best of the bunch, will look awesome on my white srt.
Cheers

HAMMMERHEAD 02-07-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgc4ever (Post 755583)
That's a computer animation as I'm sure you know and the dimensions of the vehicle and those "goliath" rims don't look proportional to reality. Personally, I think the Black Vapor chrome are by far the nicest of the three choices.

So true. I really, really despise all these disproportional drawings and computer generated crap that exaggerate the advertisement of new vehicles. Its friggin false advertising man and all these drawings are that way anymore..... Seems like all concept vehicles out there start out looking phenomenal and then the real deal shows up and you're like WTF happened to original :)

CPT2010 02-07-2013 10:42 AM

goliath rims make it look like a "snailblazer"

black vapor ftw

TangoWhisky 02-07-2013 11:48 AM

What are the order codes for the two optional wheel?

chero8 02-07-2013 04:11 PM

Agree, it's wrong, kinda reminds me of those mcdonalds adds where they show a perfect big mac only when you get it, it's half the size and look like it's fallen of the back of a truck, only thing is a big mac is $5.00 and a Srt is $90,000.00.....

Lankness 02-08-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TangoWhisky (Post 755762)
What are the order codes for the two optional wheel?

20X10.0 FORGED ALUMINUM WHEELS "Black Vapor Chrome" (WF9)

20X10.0 FORGED ALUMINUM WHEELS "Satin Carbon" (WPJ)

GenevaSRT8 02-08-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chero8 (Post 755557)
Hey all,

I have come across these pics, dont know if they have already been floating around. I was 100% going with the black vapour rims, and more likely still am, BUT, looking at this picture of the Goliath rims, they don't look that bad IMO. The question is, are they what is going to be available.....they look vastly different to those that debuted in Detroit..., perhaps the picture has been photoshopped a bit??????:confused:

The top picture (with the "Goliath" wheels) appears to have been "flattened" in order to occupy the full width of the page, so the truck appears lower and therefore more aggressive than it really is. The two bottom pictures retain correct proportions width x height.
And I agree with those who state that the wheels, tires and wheelwell gap probably don't have proportions that match the actual truck's.
Looking forward to the first tests by the press, with real-life pictures!

Overland Ryan 02-09-2013 02:20 PM

So are the current (12-13) stock wheels no longer available from 14 on?

Lankness 02-09-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overland Ryan (Post 757026)
So are the current (12-13) stock wheels no longer available from 14 on?

They are an option. These are the stock 2012-13 wheels:
20X10.0 FORGED ALUMINUM WHEELS "Satin Carbon" (WPJ)

soontobesrt 02-11-2013 01:30 AM

black vapors all day. BUT I have to say lately Ive been shopping for some wheels and like the 5 spokes on the RR on this site - pretty good pricing too w/ staggered options: Element Custom Wheels Tires, Wheel Tire Packages,Cheap Rims,Car Wheels (assuming I can post this for informational purposes, right?)