Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   My Grand Cherokee Limited CRD and a few questions... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/my-grand-cherokee-limited-crd-and-a-few-questions-5444.html)

RossC 01-09-2010 07:55 PM

My Grand Cherokee Limited CRD and a few questions...

Hi Everyone.

A newbie saying Hi from Scotland, with my Grand Cherokee Limited CRD.

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/21/wk1.jpg

Loving it so far but there's a something I can't get out of my head - and please bear with me on this one...

I'm looking to lift it. A lot of you are in the US, where lifting seems like a second nature but there is very little info available here in the UK, hence my following dumb questions.

I'm only looking to lift it slightly, maybe 2inch or so. I want to keep the suspension stock and predominantly, the handling unchanged. Am I right in thinking this is a simple "spacer lift"?

I really don't want anything too complicated, simply a quick, cheap lift that can accomodate slightly larger tyres (maybe 255/75/17?) and slightly more ground clearance.

Do you have any recommendations on such a kit? Also, a long shot this one, but, do you know of any distributors in the UK or would I be buying from US and pay the postage and customs charges?

Many thanks in advance for your advice.

PS: I hope you don't mind me posting on both JeepsUnlimited and JeepGarage - I've noticed many members are on both and appreciate as many opinions as possible.

Cheers, Ross.

HEMIBeast 01-09-2010 10:40 PM

Re: My Grand Cherokee Limited CRD and a few questions...

Sup Ross welcome to JG! Clean looking jeep.

Scottina06 01-10-2010 03:25 AM

welcome to JG Ross! Check out the offroad forum. There is a sticky there with info on different lifts and offraod parts. Good Luck

nav18tor 01-10-2010 06:38 AM

Hi Ross

Am also in the UK

I have fitted General Grabber AT2's 255/65 R17H without any mods or a lift

Worked out perfect timing with the current weather conditions!!

RossC 01-10-2010 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nav18tor (Post 129204)
Hi Ross

Am also in the UK

I have fitted General Grabber AT2's 255/65 R17H without any mods or a lift

Worked out perfect timing with the current weather conditions!!

Thanks mate - I can vouch for the AT2's. I had them on my WJ and they are excellent all rounders.

I would really like a slightly taller stance though. I went off roading the other day in 2ft of snow, and while the Cooper Discoverer ATR's were suitable, the snow was above the sills and didn't help matters. Add that to perhaps 255/70's or 255/75's, it would really help me out. Being in Inverness, this snow is normal fare every winter and is great fun. A little more capability would be great but I don't want to hamper road use too much.

Next on the agenda would be the chip as you have. Any recommendations on that. I was thinking Superchips as opposed to a tuner box?

nav18tor 01-10-2010 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RossC (Post 129223)
Thanks mate - I can vouch for the AT2's. I had them on my WJ and they are excellent all rounders.

I would really like a slightly taller stance though. I went off roading the other day in 2ft of snow, and while the Cooper Discoverer ATR's were suitable, the snow was above the sills and didn't help matters. Add that to perhaps 255/70's or 255/75's, it would really help me out. Being in Inverness, this snow is normal fare every winter and is great fun. A little more capability would be great but I don't want to hamper road use too much.

Next on the agenda would be the chip as you have. Any recommendations on that. I was thinking Superchips as opposed to a tuner box?

Can understand your point with the snow, we don't usually get that much in Essex, so I have not considered a lift

Re the chip, I used http://dieseltuning.uk.com/chrysler.html on 3 different vehicles and have been pleased with the results on all 3. The company will re-configure the chip to suit different vehicles so the initial investment is not to much pain

LJS8510 01-10-2010 11:32 AM

Welcome!
I would recommend OME lift. Old Man Emu.
The lift simply replaces springs & shocks.
I have around 35,000 miles on my lift no problems of any sort.
The lift claims 2" but is closer to 3".
You have a choice of Heavy Duty (HD) springs or Medium Duty (MD). HD is recommended if you tow or plan heavy bumper.

StoneCold 05-20-2010 06:47 AM

Welcome mate. Another Jock:thumbsup:

52233 01-17-2011 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LJS8510 (Post 129251)
Welcome!
I would recommend OME lift. Old Man Emu.
The lift simply replaces springs & shocks.
I have around 35,000 miles on my lift no problems of any sort.
The lift claims 2" but is closer to 3".
You have a choice of Heavy Duty (HD) springs or Medium Duty (MD). HD is recommended if you tow or plan heavy bumper.

Same recommendation, oh and i got 265/70/tires and lost about 2-3 mpg,
went from 10.5 km/100 to 13km/100