Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Chicago Area Group Buy (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/chicago-area-group-buy-54478.html)

f1anatic 02-08-2013 06:43 PM

Chicago Area Group Buy

Greetings.

Are people in Chicagoland interested in attempting a group bargaining power and ordering from the same dealer, seeking a lower price ?

It probably is worth a shot since others are doing it and reporting some success or at least ...potential for success (see the respective Denver; New York; DC Metro threads).

I know there is at least one vendor here on site (Pat @ Fields Auto - Northfield IL) who might be willing to help.

Who is ready to pull the trigger NOW and who is waiting for a specific package ?

For instance, I want to order a Limited V6 gas with ORA II; Lux; Advanced Tech and Navi - therefore I am waiting for the Luxury Pkg. to be released on the Limited. In case of "force majeure" I would also order an Overland. I am ready now (or rather the 20th of February based on MILOUS' latest updates).

Thanks.

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f218/offic...ils-55833.html

SnoFire 02-08-2013 06:57 PM

Re: Chicago Area Group Buy

I've been looking for others as well about this. No offense to Pat, but I have found a lower price than what he can offer just a little north of him. If your interested, let me know.

f1anatic 02-08-2013 06:58 PM

Yeah I am interested. I pledge allegiance to no dealer...but to the one that gives me the best value for my money.
I mentioned him as I "saw" him on the forums here but I have been shopping...well as far south west as North Aurora and South as far as Oak Lawn. I live on the far NW side of Chicago.

I don't know about traveling to Appleton though...

kevkaz 02-08-2013 08:25 PM

Try Mancari CDJ in Oak Lawn. Very happy with my deal from them.

SnoFire 02-08-2013 08:34 PM

What kind of price did they give you?

kevkaz 02-08-2013 08:47 PM

As mentioned earlier 2% can be beat by a little bit. That is a great no haggle price, though.

I did use affiliate rewards on my deal. They also gave me a very fair trade offer on my Wrangler, which I purchased from them in 2007.

SnoFire 02-08-2013 08:49 PM

Gotcha. 2% is the same as what Pat at Fields is giving to forum members. Current I have 5% under but another dealer has said he will beat it and that is without saying anything about affiliate. :)

kevkaz 02-08-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoFire (Post 756649)
Gotcha. 2% is the same as what Pat at Fields is giving to forum members. Current I have 5% under but another dealer has said he will beat it and that is without saying anything about affiliate. :)

5 under and you're lookin for more? Didn't know anyone who hounded dealers on price worse than me!!!

SnoFire 02-08-2013 08:55 PM

I just emailed almost all the dealers in the state and told them what I was looking for. Some wanted to deal and others didn't. When some people heard about the offers I was getting, they asked me. I'm still working on it as this last dealer has come in late.

f1anatic 02-08-2013 09:36 PM

Well if we can get a few more people on board that would be good. 5% under invoice would be awesome.

The Denver crew reported $ 1750 below invoice, which, on a $40,000 car is about 4% below invoice - give or take. So it can be done.

SnoFire 02-08-2013 10:01 PM

Right, it can be done. All you need to do is find a dealer that does good sales and willing to deal. I'm trying to see how much more we can go.

Tristar 02-09-2013 12:23 AM

I am open to any info on a good dealer in Chicago. I emailed Pat a few times, and have not heard back. Looking for two vehicles at once, a '14 Limited Hemi, and I hope to find a '10 S-Limited. (The '14 is a more pressing need, it is replacing a '00 WJ with 176,000 miles) Most dealers I have talked to act like I am crazy when I mention the Tread Lightly program.

I wanted to go through Pat, but if he doesn't return my email and I can get a better price, so be it. I would prefer to avoid Mancaris, still have a bad taste in my mouth getting my '89 Cherokee and '92 Wrangler serviced there.