Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   little orange light (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/little-orange-light-54479.html)

thilliard 02-08-2013 06:46 PM

little orange light

2013 3.6, 4500k. Headed home from work, maybe a mile outta town I hear a ding. I figure cool musta finally ran outta washer fluid so I can fill it with the new rainex stuff I bought. Looked down and see its a little orange engine light on. Running perfect, shifts fine, watched the temps, all where fine. Called dealer and can squeeze me in tomorrow morn.
Hopefully this is a one timer, I've grown pretty fond of this thing.

RageOfFury 02-08-2013 07:19 PM

Re: little orange light

Let us know what they find!

padgett 02-08-2013 08:49 PM

Ask what the "P" code was please.

Vanguard 02-09-2013 06:51 AM

Check engine light at 4.5K miles...wtf jeep?

scooterha 02-09-2013 07:23 AM

Just something simple hopefully, maybe the engine head cylinders? as this is a common issue with the V6? should be no problem to get fixed!

padgett 02-09-2013 11:27 AM

Could just be a loose gas cap, need the code to tell.

thilliard 02-09-2013 12:06 PM

Pulled over in the next town and checked cap since I filled up the dat before it was tight. Dealer called, said its pullin up an oil pressure problem. Called and asked me when I changed oil and what weight. Told him everything they where thinking oil sending unit. Still weighting for the results. There checking the grinding noise from a start and right turn also.

thilliard 02-12-2013 07:09 AM

Got her back last night. Pulled code P06dd, says dual stage oil pump stuck low codes. Oil pressure would raise and lower when dual stage pump is acctivated.sending unit pressure shows erratic at steady spreads. Glad to have it back, gave me a 2010 grand caravan for a loaner, not my kinda vehicle. Got the vibration fixed and had them turn on the day time running lamps.

kbrown127 09-05-2013 06:19 AM

I know this is an old post, but I had this same code come up the other day with my 2014 Limited WK2. The dealer checked it while they were replacing my ABS module (a different issue--hope that is in the past now) and told me P06dd was an erroneous code. They cleared it but it came on again the next day, so I am dropping it off again tomorrow morning. Did they replace the oil pump, or was there a different fix involved? This info is helpful, because it would appear my dealer does not know this code from the earlier conversation.

thilliard 09-05-2013 07:31 PM

They replaced the sensor, it was fine till 2 months ago, traded her in.

kbrown127 09-05-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thilliard (Post 888405)
They replaced the sensor, it was fine till 2 months ago, traded her in.

Thanks I appreciate the info. Hopefully they fix this thing, but I have a hard time trusting it with everything that has gone wrong so far.