Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/)
-   -   The Bass - paul's new stereo set up! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/the-bass-pauls-new-stereo-set-up-5451.html)

dhillon09 01-09-2010 11:04 PM

The Bass - paul's new stereo set up!

Hey guys, I'm in the process of building a box for my WJ grand cherokee, and I will be posting up my plans and some videos as soon as I get it up and running just so you all have a good basis to work on if you ever want to make yourself your own box.

My equipment, mostly leftovers from my last system.
-Pioneer D106, bypassed, bluetooth, navi
-2 xt4000D's
-2 ALPINE (sorry major brain fart) type R 12's being pushed at about 1000 RMS actual each... the type R's weren't my first choice, but this isn't a SPL truck (originally had plans for for 3512's and a 4000 watt atomic amp, didn't work out lol)

My box is a bit different, it's going to be a top loaded rear port box, individual 2 cubes per sub after displacements, tuned to 36 hertz, basically it's going to slam and sound good, and do so with only 2 12's.

I'll have the schematics up shortly (had a car audio genius make em for me, I'm excited to say the least haha).

I have the wood, have a couple tubes of PL400 and some drywall screws, time to start!

Chaoul1 01-09-2010 11:06 PM

Re: The Bass - paul's new stereo set up!

Pioneers make Type R's? I know alpine makes them...

Matt 01-09-2010 11:13 PM

That shit's gonna be LOUD.

Be sure to brace the hell out of the enclosure, and I'd do a double baffle.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...ntitled-16.jpg

dhillon09 01-09-2010 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaoul1 (Post 129131)
Pioneers make Type R's? I know alpine makes them...

sorry typo

dhillon09 01-10-2010 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 129137)
That shit's gonna be LOUD.

Be sure to brace the hell out of the enclosure, and I'd do a double baffle.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...ntitled-16.jpg

the way its designed it'll brace itself! im just sitting in my garage right now preparing everything. hopefully my dad can get me a tablesaw tomorrow and i can get all my cuts done tomorrow and put it together on thursday. I have barely any day's off so it's going to be a PITA lol.

Karpe 01-10-2010 09:06 PM

too much low end for me, but have fun with it!

Matt 01-10-2010 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karpe (Post 129461)

Yeah, same here.

Our goals are different though.

dhillon09 01-10-2010 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karpe (Post 129461)

I like my bass low, and that way it actually makes sense (in my mind atleast) to throw 6.5' woofers in the rear doors, and 6/9's and tweets in the fronts.

I'm planning on running the front stage off a 4 channel amp, 2 channels for tweeters and two for the 6/9's or 6.5's (I may go 6.5's just because they distort less, I will probably do that). I'll do this for sure, and decide on what I want to do with the rear down the road. I have found a sweet place for some pods in the WJ though, so I'll see how much that runs me.

Or, if I end up doing it on a smaller budget, a powerful 4 channel amp (thinking digital designs S4 .. badass amp) and 4 full range 6.5 speakers (alpine type R's if I go budget, maybe something more highend like MB quart if I spend moolah).
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 129465)
Yeah, same here.

Our goals are different though.

I like bass :D

Matt 01-11-2010 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhillon09 (Post 129655)
I may go 6.5's just because they distort less

This is grossly incorrect. Distortion isn't as simple as woofer size.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhillon09 (Post 129655)
I like bass :D

Then you should enjoy your set up. :)

White WK Swagga 01-11-2010 10:30 AM

Pics???

dhillon09 01-16-2010 04:29 PM

so my drill is fully charged, my dad got me a free tablesaw for the weekend and a jigsaw to match! its time to start being manly :o

the only thing is, its been like 4 years since I used a tablesaw and to say the least I'm sorta scared haha, i tried to make a cut and pussied out halfway because i was like wait, how the hell am i gonna push it through? i need a second person to catch the wood theres no way I can lol :( hopefully box gets put together today.

dhillon09 01-17-2010 01:08 AM

woot. chopped that biznatch up. I must say a good table saw is pretty much essential when doing something like this.

Anyone attempting to do this please wear some kind of breathing protection, I asked my dad if I needed something and he pretty much told me take it like a man lol. I wasn't exposed to too much dust so it's all good.

I'll have pics of the construction tomorrow! need to buy me some wood screws.