Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/)
-   -   New install (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/new-install-5460.html)

JETLIFE 01-10-2010 01:21 PM

New install

I just bought a whole bunch of new gear, All of which is Alpine. This is what I got.

Alpine Type-R 6.5" components for the front doors and dash.
Alpine Type-R 6.5 2-way Coaxial for the rear doors.
Alpine Type-R 12" sub.
Alpine PDX 1.400 4 channel amp for the mids and highs.
Alpine PDX 1.600 mono for the sub.

And a shitload of Dynamat to get rid of all the rattles.

Now i'm just waiting on shipping! Can't wait to get it all up and running!!!

Chaoul1 01-10-2010 01:23 PM

Re: New install

Awesome Joel!!! Your smart for getting the Dynamat.

JETLIFE 01-10-2010 01:26 PM

I've never used it, I hope it work's as well as everyone says. I hear it's really heavy, And my door's will feel a lot heavier? anyone know?

blackpepper 01-10-2010 01:27 PM

Very sick! I have had zero issues with my PDX 1.600

JETLIFE 01-10-2010 01:31 PM

Is it really as small as it look's?

Oh and I like that I can stack them if I need to, And that all the leads go in one side rather then both sides!

Matt 01-10-2010 01:44 PM

I'm interested to see what your results are with a mid in the door and a tweeter in the dash. I had absolutely awful results when I tried it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by .moneen. (Post 129288)
I've never used it, I hope it work's as well as everyone says. I hear it's really heavy, And my door's will feel a lot heavier? anyone know?

It works well, and it is heavy. After you install it you'll notice a nice thud when you close the doors. Excellent choice to get a lot of deadner.

Motteler621 01-10-2010 02:21 PM

wow i bet that was a pretty penny, over a grand. What kind of enclosure are you going to use for your sub. I might install my single sub in my jeep, it all depends if I find a reasonable fitted enclosure for a wj jeep, that looks good and doesnt take up space.

Chris 01-10-2010 02:32 PM

Nice! Can't wait to see the install man. And yeah the dynamat will make the doors feel alot more solid

dreamer1213 01-10-2010 03:00 PM

Looks like its gonna sound pretty sweet Joel!!! :D Congrats!

blackpepper 01-11-2010 05:19 AM

Yeah it's really compact you could easily hide both of the amps within the cargo storage area.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...system_wk8.jpg

JETLIFE 01-24-2010 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 129298)
I'm interested to see what your results are with a mid in the door and a tweeter in the dash. I had absolutely awful results when I tried it.

I don't Know what you were running with bad results, Matt, But I just installed the type-r's in the dash, and front and rear doors with the PDX 4.100 and It is UNREAL!

I completely gutted my whole jeep down to bare metal, I used 100 sq ft. of 80mm. FATMAT (thats 18 inches x 66 feet!) I would say I did 300/400mm. per door and 200/300 mm. in the cargo area, I have zero rattles. The only rattle I have is out of my old mono Visonik amp, which will be gone as soon as my mono PDX shows up.

I can't believe that it took me this long to replace all my mids and highs.

To install the tweeters in the dash, I gutted the Boston Acoustic 4"s and epoxied the type-r tweets in the cage and mounted them into the factory holes. I'm sure this isn't a new thing and is probably done by most pro installers. It just makes sense.

I didn't take pics, But I can if anyone need's something specific.

Also, I have come to the conclusion that the "new" Alpine Type-r's are really the old version Type-X's (6.5" Components) Which I can't complain about.

All in all, The whole setup is 100x better than I had before, I'm sure there is a lot better setups out there, But for the $1000 it cost me, I'm fully satisfied! I couldn't ask for anything better. I just wanna drive around listening to music full blast! What am I, Sixteen? LOL!

Matt 01-24-2010 06:41 AM

That's awesome Joel!!!

Pics!!!