Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

98 Grand Cherokee Electrical Issues...

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ShellyMG 
#1 ·
Proud owner of 2 Grand Cherokees. My 98 has issues with the electrical system they are all interior . First , at 15 mph the power locks do not automatically lock as they do on my 02 GC the owners manual says it should, interior lighting stay on all the time( pulled the fuse), rear window pop , power door locks and remote entry only function with the ignition switch turned on. My rear window wiper only clicks when switch is activated. I picked up a bcm at the salvage yard but haven't installed it yet. Is there anyone who went through this or can give technicial direction ?

#3 ·
I have 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0. Electrical issues all over interior, starting with instrument cluster going haywire, interior lights dim/bright, windows not operating, skim key issues, mileage not working, comes and goes. Very tired of trying to diagnose. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.