Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Visual Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/)
-   -   front window TINT (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/front-window-tint-5474.html)

Motteler621 01-10-2010 10:05 PM

front window TINT

In illinois only 50% tint is allowed on suvs front windows since oct 30 2009, before this no front window tint was allowed. I know you can get a medical reason for having front window tint from the eye doctor or doctor. I was thinking of going to my eye doctor and asking for him to write me a permission to get front window tint. I guess my only reason would be because I have extremely poor eyesight and have to wear contacts which are more sensitive to light. I was also going to say that wearing sunglasses give me headaches and cant wear them because of this. What do you guys think? Im not sure how much tint you can get under medical reasons.

Chaoul1 01-10-2010 10:10 PM

Re: front window TINT

Be like you squint when the sun hits your eyes and it hurts really badly. And say I hate wearing glasses because they annoy you. Say something like do they make contacts the Tint? And then he'll write you a prescription for TINT! :)

Chuck 01-10-2010 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motteler621 (Post 129553)
In illinois only 50% tint is allowed on suvs front windows since oct 30 2009, before this no front window tint was allowed. I know you can get a medical reason for having front window tint from the eye doctor or doctor. I was thinking of going to my eye doctor and asking for him to write me a permission to get front window tint. I guess my only reason would be because I have extremely poor eyesight and have to wear contacts which are more sensitive to light. I was also going to say that wearing sunglasses give me headaches and cant wear them because of this. What do you guys think? Im not sure how much tint you can get under medical reasons.

Thats pretty much the best route to try and get tint legally. I guess if all else fails, if your cool with your eye doctor, just tell him/her straight up the reason. :lol:

Motteler621 01-10-2010 10:20 PM

yea, its pretty much the only safe way to get tint around here. Cops harrase people with tint, if they pull you over basically they give you a certain amopnt of time to show proof that you removed the tint or get your license suspended.

Chuck 01-10-2010 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motteler621 (Post 129585)
yea, its pretty much the only safe way to get tint around here. Cops harrase people with tint, if they pull you over basically they give you a certain amopnt of time to show proof that you removed the tint or get your license suspended.

Wow, thats nuts :eek:. Def go with the eye doctor.

Motteler621 01-10-2010 10:38 PM

yea il call my state law center first and get all the info on it. Not sure if it will work but il find out.

Motteler621 01-10-2010 10:40 PM

i just really want front window tint. I mean it protects your leather and keeps your car alot cooler in the summer, not to mention it looks good.

jeepaholic 01-11-2010 06:36 PM

It's call Photophobia. I have to do this also.

Motteler621 01-11-2010 06:45 PM

ha, what the heck is photophobia?

jeepaholic 01-11-2010 06:50 PM

Definition: Photophobia is a condition in which the eyes are overly sensitive to light, possibly causing pain, tearing and discomfort. A person with photophobia may experience pain and discomfort in normal light levels and may be unable to adapt to changes in light conditions.

Motteler621 01-11-2010 06:51 PM

lol, so how did you do all this, just go to your eye doctor. What are the steps after that?

jeepaholic 01-11-2010 06:57 PM

I'm guessing you can either fake the symptoms or just ask them for a note.