Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f200/)
-   -   Dubba din? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f200/dubba-din-54769.html)

TJXJWJ 02-14-2013 03:51 PM

Dubba din?

Hey everybody! So I'm considering a head unit upgrade. The only reason is that I refuse to pay for map updates for my RB1 that don't allow me to make changes on the fly. I've got an older disc now that works fine and doesn't do that, but I can't locate anything newer with the in-motion hack. So enough is enough...

I've been away from the car stereo game for quite some time, so I'm hoping someone on here can steer me in the right direction. Must haves are EXCELLENT NAVIGATION, an easy way to defeat any in-motion safety crap, easy to update with new maps, and iphone compatible. I want to be able to charge my phone, and play music off of it. I don't think that's asking for too much, do ya?

Oh, I'm currently running an ancient iPhone 3GS because it's work-issued and that's about as good as it'll get. Whatever the interface, I'd like to be able to play the music in the phone, and have it charge while it's plugged in. I'd like to run my factory amp too.

CPT2010 02-14-2013 04:30 PM

Re: Dubba din?

Wait till spring.

pioneer is releasing new updates and models that will be iphone 5 compatible

cheapjeep 02-14-2013 11:20 PM

Clarion NZ501 0r NX501 from Crutchfield cause you get the free harness,dash plate and antenna adapter. I love my older NZ500 and it's a great value for the money. Simple brake wire to ground defeat for DVD. Nav always works. Gotta buy map updates though so far. I highly recommend Crutchfield though bro. 5 star experience with them multiple times. They stand by you when you have an issue. Edit: Sorry bro it looks like NX 602 or 702 with a custom bezel now. Looks like they don't sell single din navs anymore.

TJXJWJ 02-15-2013 08:17 AM

That 602 looks like the ticket!
I was looking for a double din anyway. I have a double-din bezel "in stock" so that's not an issue. Looks like this one will do everything I'm looking to do and then some. Do you know how much map updates cost for it? You can make NAV adjustments on the fly with that one wire grounded all the time then?

cheapjeep 02-15-2013 04:34 PM

Don't know if they changed anything but only need the ground for the DVD on the front monitor. All nav features work on mine in motion. Remember though mine is over 2 years old now. Things could have changed. Maps for mine are $80 something but I haven't updated yet. Still waiting for the internet to come through for me.:D Also on the park brake ground you have to reground every time you start the car. If you leave it always grounded it won't work again the next time you start so I just put mine on a switch and toggle it off and back on. It's just for the DVD in front on mine anyway so I rarely use it.

TJXJWJ 02-15-2013 05:11 PM

Friggin safety crap. I can kinda understand not wanting video playing up front, but all nav functions should always be available. Damn safety nazis. I'll do some more investigating usually the people in the "reviews" for these things are pretty good at noting what needs to happen to defeat all that crap. Heard you loud and clear on Crutchfield too. They usually aren't the cheapest, but they've got great CS and their people really seem to know what they are talking about. Kinda refreshing.

CPT2010 02-16-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJXJWJ (Post 760760)
Friggin safety crap. I can kinda understand not wanting video playing up front, but all nav functions should always be available. Damn safety nazis. I'll do some more investigating usually the people in the "reviews" for these things are pretty good at noting what needs to happen to defeat all that crap. Heard you loud and clear on Crutchfield too. They usually aren't the cheapest, but they've got great CS and their people really seem to know what they are talking about. Kinda refreshing.

type in "brake bypass"

Relay and a few connectors and its done.
:thumbsup:

Madanio24 02-16-2013 06:02 PM

Alpine double din. Love it