Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   2014 Ordering in SoCal (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/2014-ordering-in-socal-54829.html)

ClarkKent 02-15-2013 07:13 PM

2014 Ordering in SoCal

I couldn't find a similar thread in the forum, so I thought I'd put this out there to gauge interest.

I'm based in Los Angeles and I'm planning to order a 2014 Limited or Overland within the next month or so. This'll be my first Jeep, so I don't have any existing dealer relationships. Does anyone on here have any recommendations for a dealer in the L.A., Orange County, or northern San Diego areas? Obviously looking for a great price, but knowledgeable staff with good customer service is always a plus.

Also, would anyone be interested in trying to negotiate a group rate? How many people on here are from SoCal and are planning to order within the next month or two? Other forum members (Jamesla30 and some others) were able to negotiate $1750 off of invoice out in Colorado and it'd be great if we could get anywhere close to that out here. The more orders we can offer dealers, the more negotiating leverage we'll have.

I'm planning to test drive on March 9th (I think it's a safe bet that they'll be on dealer lots by then) and hopefully order soon after that!

Lionel Hutz 02-15-2013 07:20 PM

Re: 2014 Ordering in SoCal

I am interested in this, but we are probably a few months out from ordering. Need to test drive the 2014 and probably the CRD model as well.

E_Holst 02-16-2013 05:07 PM

I would participate, I want to buy an Overland CRD. I want to order on the first day it is possible to order the Diesel.

Thanks- Eric

Jackspat2 02-17-2013 02:17 PM

I'm also in SoCal (Torrance) and want to order a limited with CRD. Group buy anyone? But I need to test drive the crd first..

Vegas_Sirk 02-18-2013 04:53 PM

Im in Vegas, but the So NV dealers are not easy to work with in anyway, so I was planning on ordering out of So Cal as well, so I would be in on this.

I have a friend who works for Penske Automotive Group in Ca and he said they have a Jeep dealer, maybe I can get in touch with his Internet Jeep guy and we could all get a sweet deal.

Im just looking to do the Tread Lightly program, puls get an extra 1% off (so 2% below inv).

My plan is a Overland CRD once available for ordering.

E_Holst 02-18-2013 05:21 PM

Vegas_Sirk- we should easily do better than 2% below invoice. I already have guy who offered $1,500 below invoice. I then told him I qualify for Affiliate Rewards, he indicated that they would also honor that and take an additional 1% off invoice. This totals to about 4% below invoice when I price out the Overland CRD configured as I desire.

When you find the Penske contact, see if they can do 5% to 6% below invoice for a group buy.

-Eric

Vegas_Sirk 02-18-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E_Holst (Post 762419)
Vegas_Sirk- we should easily do better than 2% below invoice. I already have guy who offered $1,500 below invoice. I then told him I qualify for Affiliate Rewards, he indicated that they would also honor that and take an additional 1% off invoice. This totals to about 4% below invoice when I price out the Overland CRD configured as I desire.

When you find the Penske contact, see if they can do 5% to 6% below invoice for a group buy.

-Eric

Eric-

Damn! Thats pretty good already! ... Ill see if they could beat that.

What dealership is that, that you got that offer?

Kris

E_Holst 02-18-2013 05:40 PM

Kris- just PMed you

-Eric

adthebadstud 02-18-2013 05:56 PM

I'm in Fresno, but wouldn't mind being driving down to SoCal for a great deal. I'll keep checking this thread for updates. I'm not really in a huge hurry to buy but if it happens sooner rather than later.. so be it!

Jackspat2 02-18-2013 07:12 PM

Count me in for group buy! Want limited 4x4 CRD

Dilgbagh 02-19-2013 02:17 AM

I'm in San Diego. Hoping to get the 2014 4x4 Overland. My time frame is slightly late (June) but would be very keen on knowing what a group buy could get us.
Thanks.

Specx 02-19-2013 12:09 PM

I would love to do this, but I've already ordered and we need this car by early April. At the current rate, I'm hoping the one we ordered will make that time frame.