Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   headlight lenses (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/headlight-lenses-54964.html)

ajs800 02-18-2013 10:42 AM

headlight lenses

I've noticed lately that my overland headlights tend to have a slight fog or film on the inside. Anyone else notice this with theirs? I'm not talking about a moisture issue, just a slight film and is really only noticeable at night time when lights are on when looking closely. It's kind of annoying knowing that at only 25k miles, they no longer look crisp and clean.

I also have the annoying burned out upper half reflector fromt the DRL. I wonder if this has anything to do with it. :mad:

ajs800 03-04-2013 12:52 PM

Re: headlight lenses

No one here as noticed this with their limited/overland? I assumed given all the DRL smoked issues that many would have this problem. The one side is worse than the other, but there's no doubt a slight haze on the inside of the headlight lense with it mainly being noticeable at night with lights running (it's not crystal clear like when new).

I plan to make a push for replacement, but I doubt it will happen.

ajs800 04-21-2013 10:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I am surprised there aren't more limited/overlands out there with this issue given all of the DRL overheating bulb issues. It is hard to capture the "fog look" with camera but attached are pics of the issue I'm faced with...very frustrating to have an issue like this at 18mos and only 26k miles. Driver side is the one in question.

Has anyone had their headlights replaced due to fog/smoke related issues that ruined the clarity?

jacko15 04-21-2013 10:26 PM

I can't believe the dealer would give you a hard time over replacement under warranty.

ajs800 04-22-2013 02:11 PM

Well, that's what I'm going to push for and honestly, the passenger side is perfect but would like to have it replaced as well. I'm not 100% certain it's from the overheating DRL, but it only makes since given how both the bulb and socket look.

Trauts 04-22-2013 08:30 PM

Mine look the same way. DRL sockets look charred as well. 45K miles so I'm sure the dealer will not help.

J13ntv 02-02-2014 08:52 PM

Did it ever get replaced?

chdavis 02-20-2014 11:03 PM

I'm beginning to notice this issue on mine as well.

will71 02-23-2014 09:17 PM

Hello. Had a huge fight with Jeep customer care over this issue. Mine fogger the same way and would stay fogged for a while. They fought me on the replacement, saying they should become clear after 20 min while running. I went up two management levels. I decided to stop pressing the issue because I had 3-4 other issues that were more important to me. In my opinion, this is a faulty design and they have no good option for fixing it.