Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems Discussion (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/)
-   -   Squeak coming from passenger side rear seat area (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/squeak-coming-from-passenger-side-rear-seat-area-5501.html)

ray101381 01-11-2010 05:21 PM

Squeak coming from passenger side rear seat area

I can't for the life of me find the squeak coming from the passenger side rear seat area. I have a 2005 Grand Cherokee Limited and when i back of my gravel drive way or do anything that might torque the unibody i hear a squeak. It just started happening recently as soon as the temperatures dropped below 40. any ideas?

DJ BoNiOmArIo 01-11-2010 05:28 PM

Re: Squeak coming from passenger side rear seat area

this is just speculation but last time my chit made noise like it was my track bar and control arms ... does it sound like it's being thrown around as if the whole body is moving side to side ???

is it coming from inside or outside ... a good way to test is get under neath hold the track bar (stabilizer bar) and let someone push the car sideways and see if that noise is still coming if not then do the same to ur upper and lower rear control arms ... all of mine were out dont know how but it happened ...

again this is just speculation ...

Scottina06 01-11-2010 05:29 PM

its the rear seat latch from my experience.(the metal u shaped latch)

ray101381 01-11-2010 06:34 PM

it sounds like it's coming from inside but i can't seem to reproduce the noise, i've pushed and pulled on everything inside and can't seem to find it. i'll try getting underneath the car tomorrow and see if i cant find anything. i don't believe it's the rear seat latch as i've driven around with both seats folded down and it still squeaks. it doesn't sound like a suspension squeak, more of a squeaky plastic.

enzo83 02-01-2010 02:53 AM

any luck finding that squeak source??? i also have 05 GC limited & hear that sound everytime im driving on a little rough roads it seems that its coming from the passenger side rear seat & from inside of the car.

ducks unlimited 02-01-2010 05:53 AM

might be a mouse? :lol:

enzo83 02-01-2010 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ducks unlimited (Post 142437)
might be a mouse? :lol:

hehe.... in that case i better find a cat & throw it back there :D

Scottina06 02-01-2010 09:44 AM

did you try lubing the seat latch?

enzo83 02-01-2010 10:54 AM

will try ... thanx for the advise.

SvenskaJeepGuy 02-01-2010 12:11 PM

ive had squeaks coming from the rear security cover. i took it out of my jeep and only put it back in as needed.

miguel0706 07-16-2014 08:35 PM

I had the same problem. That is how I got here to this forum. But I find why is that squeak. I have a Grand Cherokee 2007 and that squeak was driving me crazy. The squeak is coming from a metal cylinder (I believe it is the back side air bag) that is attached to the metal part of the roof. By the way, this is in the the cargo area, left side (driver side), just right above the left windows in the cargo area. I had to take apart the whole left side of the panel in the cargo area so I can reach to that cylinder and put some foam between the cylinder and the metal apart of the roof (without obstruct the air bag) and no squeak at all. Today in my way to work and in my way back home, i was in peace.

Just let me know if you need more help.