Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Wheels and Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f180/)
-   -   Trying to Find WK Wheels (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f180/trying-to-find-wk-wheels-55064.html)

tcolin2351 02-19-2013 09:06 PM

Trying to Find WK Wheels

Looking for a little help finding a set of wheels. I don't want to use a spacer because I don't want to lose any thread. I've been looking online, but can't find anything I like. Any suggestions?

Lucas J 02-19-2013 09:18 PM

Mamba mr-1, AEV pintlers, KMC XD addicts are just few that come to mind.

tcolin2351 02-19-2013 09:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks. I like those mambas but they look a lot like my stock wheels....

Attachment 19927

Lucas J 02-19-2013 10:02 PM

They look badass on WK though.

http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/a...1/IMG_1386.jpg

tfranzone 02-20-2013 01:25 PM

Re: Trying to Find WK Wheels

all depends on what kind of look you want..

I like XD cranks with some beefy tires on WKs

tcolin2351 02-20-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tfranzone (Post 763887)
all depends on what kind of look you want..

I like XD cranks with some beefy tires on WKs

Yea, and thats my problem right now...haha. OME lift for sure and doing some paint this weekend, but not sure about wheels and tires. Was also thinking of going 255/75/17 with stock wheels for now. I really like those Mamba MR1's and AEV Pintlers that Lucas J suggested

tfranzone 02-20-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcolin2351 (Post 763895)
Yea, and thats my problem right now...haha. OME lift for sure and doing some paint this weekend, but not sure about wheels and tires. Was also thinking of going 255/75/17 with stock wheels for now. I really like those Mamba MR1's and AEV Pintlers that Lucas J suggested

yea.. only difference is.. with stock wheels, you'll need to run a spacer.
so decide if you care about that or not..
I dont.
I run stock wheels so I use spidertrax spacers all around.

If you like the look of the Mamba's (which are discontinued)... just get a pair of 17" rubi take offs... the Moab wheels from a JK. they fit and look good and a lot of people run them.
As for tires.. if you want beefy and agressive.. im a fan of the Nitto Trail Grapplers.

I run Cooper AT3s, which are agressive but still a great on road ride. and basically silent too... I think its one of the best AT tires out right now.

tcolin2351 02-20-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tfranzone (Post 763901)
yea.. only difference is.. with stock wheels, you'll need to run a spacer.
so decide if you care about that or not..
I dont.
I run stock wheels so I use spidertrax spacers all around.

If you like the look of the Mamba's (which are discontinued)... just get a pair of 17" rubi take offs... the Moab wheels from a JK. they fit and look good and a lot of people run them.
As for tires.. if you want beefy and agressive.. im a fan of the Nitto Trail Grapplers.

I run Cooper AT3s, which are agressive but still a great on road ride. and basically silent too... I think its one of the best AT tires out right now.

Yea, I like the Nitto Grapplers, thats what I ran on my old truck. i heard with the Rubi take-offs that people are grinding down their calipers to make them fit.... I dont want to do that to make a wheel work...

I read that in another thread.

tfranzone 02-20-2013 02:05 PM

youre correct. hey, just a heads up... Gerald has 17" XD Misfits for sale in the FS section.. not sure if you'd like them.. but he said they have 245/70 duratracs on them, but willing to seperate for sale... so if youre into them, maybe give him a PM.. just a thought.

heres the link..
http://www.jeepgarage.org/f12/wk-par...ale-53709.html

Lucas J 02-20-2013 03:04 PM

FYI- with the OME HD lift you can fit 285/70/17. I also think mamba is making the wheels again. They have a fairly new website up and they list the MR-1. I know they stopped making them for while.

tcolin2351 02-20-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas J (Post 763960)
FYI- with the OME HD lift you can fit 285/70/17. I also think mamba is making the wheels again. They have a fairly new website up and they list the MR-1. I know they stopped making them for while.

Yea..I am hearing totally opposite sizes on tires. Some are saying 31's, I see a lot of 265/70 and Kolak recommended 245/75. I hate the idea of running spacers, the loss of thread on the bolt makes me nervous cause I take some long toad trips in the summer.

Have you had any issues running spacers, how big are yours? How long have you had them?

tfranzone 02-20-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcolin2351 (Post 763979)
Yea..I am hearing totally opposite sizes on tires. Some are saying 31's, I see a lot of 265/70 and Kolak recommended 245/75. I hate the idea of running spacers, the loss of thread on the bolt makes me nervous cause I take some long toad trips in the summer.

Have you had any issues running spacers, how big are yours? How long have you had them?

if you have to run spacers, go with Spidertrax. they are a good product. I run 1.5" on all 4.. gives it a nice agressive look and actually helped with cornering a little... I've had mine on for 7 months...since my 2"BB lift went on in mid June... not one single issue. *knock on wood*