Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Jeep backup camera w/aftermarket headunit? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/jeep-backup-camera-w-aftermarket-headunit-55252.html)

RageOfFury 02-22-2013 06:49 PM

Jeep backup camera w/aftermarket headunit?

Has anyone hooked up the Jeep backup camera to an aftermarket headunit? If so, how did you do it?

Thanks!:thumbsup:

wcrstereo 02-24-2013 08:53 PM

Re: Jeep backup camera w/aftermarket headunit?

I did it in my durango you only use two of the three wires on the factory harness and a regular rca plug. use the outside of the rca outside shield for the ground and the inner for video.

RageOfFury 02-24-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wcrstereo (Post 767050)
I did it in my durango you only use two of the three wires on the factory harness and a regular rca plug. use the outside of the rca outside shield for the ground and the inner for video.

Awesome! Thanks for the info. Any additional info you can provide on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

RageOfFury 02-25-2013 04:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I figured it out thanks to CatMan879

Centre pin of RCA -> Camera Signal (Green/Brown)
Outer ring of RCA -> Camera Return (Green/Orange)

I attached the 2011-2013 backup camera diagram to this post.

Thanks CatMan879! Much appreciated!:thumbsup:

CatMan879 02-26-2013 11:44 AM

Glad I could help good luck with everything

Raj06MT 02-26-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RageOfFury (Post 765625)
Has anyone hooked up the Jeep backup camera to an aftermarket headunit? If so, how did you do it?

Thanks!:thumbsup:

First post here.....I just installed an Avic in my 2013 limited and used the following adapter to retain the factory backup camera.

PAC Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Rear Video Retention Cable Retains the factory rear seat entertainment system in select 2008-up Chrysler, Dodge or Jeep vehicles at Crutchfield.com

RageOfFury 02-27-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raj06MT (Post 768408)
First post here.....I just installed an Avic in my 2013 limited and used the following adapter to retain the factory backup camera.

PAC Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Rear Video Retention Cable Retains the factory rear seat entertainment system in select 2008-up Chrysler, Dodge or Jeep vehicles at Crutchfield.com

Cool! What other adapters did you use. Care to elaborate? Thanks!!

Raj06MT 02-27-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RageOfFury (Post 769161)
Cool! What other adapters did you use. Care to elaborate? Thanks!!

I also used these adapters:

Antenna adapter:
Antenna Adapter Works with select 1999-up vehicles (Motorola male to OEM antenna female) at Crutchfield.com

Dash kit:
Jeep In-dash Receiver Kit Fits 2011-up Jeep Grand Cherokee double-DIN at Crutchfield.com

Main harness which includes steering wheel controls:
PAC RP4-CH11 Chrysler Radio Replacement Interface Lets you install a new stereo in select 2004-up Chrysler vehicles while retaining steering wheel audio controls at Crutchfield.com

When wiring the main harness, you will need to connect the front outputs from your new HU to the rear inputs on the harness.....otherwise you wont hear the nav voice prompts.

Just to clarify, I have the factory Alpine system in my car. I'm sure the part will be different for the non-alpine system.

eibyer 02-28-2013 11:00 AM

Nice, maybe when my aftermarket camera craps out I can switch to the OEM one that looks more... uhm, OEM. :)

RageOfFury 02-28-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raj06MT (Post 769390)
I also used these adapters:

Antenna adapter:
Antenna Adapter Works with select 1999-up vehicles (Motorola male to OEM antenna female) at Crutchfield.com

Dash kit:
Jeep In-dash Receiver Kit Fits 2011-up Jeep Grand Cherokee — double-DIN at Crutchfield.com

Main harness which includes steering wheel controls:
PAC RP4-CH11 Chrysler Radio Replacement Interface Lets you install a new stereo in select 2004-up Chrysler vehicles while retaining steering wheel audio controls at Crutchfield.com

When wiring the main harness, you will need to connect the front outputs from your new HU to the rear inputs on the harness.....otherwise you wont hear the nav voice prompts.

Just to clarify, I have the factory Alpine system in my car. I'm sure the part will be different for the non-alpine system.

Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

eps53186 02-16-2014 10:40 PM

I was told to get the PAC CHYRVD to hook up oem rear camera by Crutchfield. But there are only A/V jacks on the adapter and it looks like a square oem connector for the rear cam. Now I may end up burning in hell because my vehicle is a 2011 Chrysler T&C and I'm on a Jeep forum, but so far this post is the closest I've come to an answer on how to use the oem rear camera with an Alpine aftermarket h/u. Also Crutchfield said i needed the PAC RadioPro4 adapter as well as the chyrvd. But i still need to find a place to hook up the brake wire on the alpine. Although i did find an adapter to bypass the brake restrictions, so i can enter addresses in the GPS while driving as well as a place to land the brake wire. So any help would be great. And one of my goals in life is to own a CJ7.:cool:

RageOfFury 02-18-2014 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eps53186 (Post 977109)
I was told to get the PAC CHYRVD to hook up oem rear camera by Crutchfield. But there are only A/V jacks on the adapter and it looks like a square oem connector for the rear cam. Now I may end up burning in hell because my vehicle is a 2011 Chrysler T&C and I'm on a Jeep forum, but so far this post is the closest I've come to an answer on how to use the oem rear camera with an Alpine aftermarket h/u. Also Crutchfield said i needed the PAC RadioPro4 adapter as well as the chyrvd. But i still need to find a place to hook up the brake wire on the alpine. Although i did find an adapter to bypass the brake restrictions, so i can enter addresses in the GPS while driving as well as a place to land the brake wire. So any help would be great. And one of my goals in life is to own a CJ7.:cool:

Welcome! :)

The CHYRVD has a connector for the Jeep OEM backup camera/Rear video screen. The AV cables then plug into your aftermarket headunit.

http://www.pac-audio.com/PACProductD...ons_022811.pdf

Yes you'll need the PAC RP4-CH11 (RadioPro 4) in order to install an aftermarket headunit into your T&C.

Pac-Audio.com Product Details | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future

PAC makes a special bypass adapter for Alpine headunits

Pac-Audio.com Product Details | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future