Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WJ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f51/)
-   -   Today's accomplishments (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f51/todays-accomplishments-55306.html)

RJ'sWJ 02-23-2013 02:58 PM

Today's accomplishments

New Bilsteins all around. A big difference from the OEM's with 90K on them.
No more juddering (I don't think this is a real word, but you know what I mean) over bumps. Much, much better.
Also new fluid in the transfer case and an oil change to Amsoil synthetic with an Amsoil filter. I had 3 gallons and the filter left over from my old XJ.
This was just one more step in erasing any sins of the past from the previous owner.
Next up - tranny flush with filter change and diff fluids.
Then I'll feel better.
And even though my brother in law is not on this forum, I'm going to thank him again for the use of his lift. Makes life so much easier.

01grand 02-25-2013 03:32 PM

Re: Today's accomplishments

Sounds good! I've been using amsoil for a while now, the vari-lok diffs in mine seem to work much better with amsoil in them. Thats awesome that you have access to a lift, there are many times I wish I could fit one in my garage.

cheapjeep 02-25-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ'sWJ (Post 766137)
New Bilsteins all around. A big difference from the OEM's with 90K on them.
No more juddering (I don't think this is a real word, but you know what I mean) over bumps. Much, much better.
Also new fluid in the transfer case and an oil change to Amsoil synthetic with an Amsoil filter. I had 3 gallons and the filter left over from my old XJ.
This was just one more step in erasing any sins of the past from the previous owner.
Next up - tranny flush with filter change and diff fluids.
Then I'll feel better.
And even though my brother in law is not on this forum, I'm going to thank him again for the use of his lift. Makes life so much easier.

Hell that's 2 days work for me! Great job!

cheapjeep 02-25-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01grand (Post 767471)
Sounds good! I've been using amsoil for a while now, the vari-lok diffs in mine seem to work much better with amsoil in them.

Another useful tidbit for the old hard drive. Thanks bro! Do you run the additive with that?

01grand 02-25-2013 05:49 PM

No additive, just Amsoil severe gear 75w-140 front and rear. Like some other synthetic gear lubes it already contains a friction modifier. Not one bit of chatter and I had 3 wheels in a 30" snowbank this weekend and she pulled out just fine. Next oil change I might grab their hydraulic fluid for the tcase too, its been a while since I've drained it.

Trav1s 02-25-2013 06:09 PM

Bilstein = AWESOME!

TJXJWJ 02-26-2013 08:47 AM

Can't go wrong with Bilstien! Dollar for dollar the best mod I've done.

RJ'sWJ 02-26-2013 08:17 PM

Yeah, I've been very lucky to have a brother in law who is generous with his lift. Plus he has just about any tool you need and air tools. No problem getting old, rusty nuts off.
The shocks took no time at all. Instead of me lying on my back on a cold driveway for a few hours, I was in a warm garage with an extra set of hands and an air wrench.

Bs99WJ 02-26-2013 09:15 PM

Cheater! Haha I just spent all weekend on the cold garage floor with a breaker bar getting old rusty bolts off and installing new shocks, springs etc. lets see pics

RJ'sWJ 02-26-2013 09:48 PM

Cheaten' nothin'! A big bonus when I married my wife.
Pics of what? My brother in laws lift?!