Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WJ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f51/)
-   -   My WJ Role Model (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f51/my-wj-role-model-55351.html)

cheapjeep 02-24-2013 08:46 AM

My WJ Role Model

This is a guy named Bentley's WJ that I've run across. This thing is just pure sex on wheels!! Too bad Iceland went under. Their stuff looks amazing when done right. I just can't get enough of this thing. It's my desktop background so I can look at it every day:D

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...ps038144aa.jpg

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...ps87b5bb7d.jpg

Dustinmk4 02-24-2013 09:10 AM

Re: My WJ Role Model

Ooooooooooooooo that there is a nice rig.

jonmz8 02-24-2013 01:55 PM

How many inches is that lifted?? (new jeep owner lol)

TJXJWJ 02-24-2013 08:25 PM

Iceland did have some pretty sweet stuff...
I'd love to see that light bar in action...

cheapjeep 02-24-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonmz8 (Post 766777)
How many inches is that lifted?? (new jeep owner lol)

I think it's a Clayton 6"

cheapjeep 02-24-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJXJWJ (Post 767033)
Iceland did have some pretty sweet stuff...
I'd love to see that light bar in action...

If you look close there's another one in front of the fairlead. It's ok you're allowed to miss this shiz a little bit:D Judging from your other rides this thing is all you a couple of years ago if you would have had a wj. C'mon bro I have a set of Rusty's 2.5" coils and a brand new set of RC 2.2 shocks I will GIVE you anytime you decide you want to leave that pavement cruiser shiz behind. It's in your DNA bro you can't fight it forever:D Picture that rootbeer beast of yours with a little mud on the tires. OK I probably lost you there,should have been more subtle:lol::lol::lol:

cheapjeep 02-24-2013 09:33 PM

For the record this thing isn't a street queen either. This guy wheels this thing HARD. He's just really good about cleaning up afterwords.

TJXJWJ 02-24-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheapjeep (Post 767073)
If you look close there's another one in front of the fairlead. It's ok you're allowed to miss this shiz a little bit:D Judging from your other rides this thing is all you a couple of years ago if you would have had a wj. C'mon bro I have a set of Rusty's 2.5" coils and a brand new set of RC 2.2 shocks I will GIVE you anytime you decide you want to leave that pavement cruiser shiz behind. It's in your DNA bro you can't fight it forever:D Picture that rootbeer beast of yours with a little mud on the tires. OK I probably lost you there,should have been more subtle:lol::lol::lol:

Ah yes...from that angle, you can't tell that's more light, but right by the winch is a smart place for extra lumens.

HA! What you haven't seen are the 86 Caddy Seville and the 91 Mustang I had before I got in to Jeeps.

My dream garage would have the latest SRT GC, and a seriously jacked Unlimited JK.

I was close dude! VERY close to going up with this thing. I've got the diff covers to prove it. I wouldn't go back though...I like the way this thing kills on ramps :D

01grand 02-25-2013 03:13 PM

Damn that is an awesome looking WJ! That is probably what mine would look like if it wasn't my daily driver. These WJs seem to be pretty versatile, they can go up and make a great wheeler or they can get sway bars and a tune and make the daily drive to work more enjoyable.

cheapjeep 02-25-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01grand (Post 767454)
Damn that is an awesome looking WJ! That is probably what mine would look like if it wasn't my daily driver. These WJs seem to be pretty versatile, they can go up and make a great wheeler or they can get sway bars and a tune and make the daily drive to work more enjoyable.

Can't seem to sway the Ohioan ^^^^ up there. How about you,Minnesota madman? Can you be bought?:D:D:D

01grand 02-25-2013 05:45 PM

Unfortunately my WJ is getting to the point where the money goes into maintaining its current status, not upgrading. She needs a new heater core when the weather warms up some (I know that doesn't make sense but I don't have a heated garage and dont want to pay someone $1k for what I can do for much less) plus I can do the proper blend door fix then. She's starting to burn some oil too, not bad but hopefully it doesn't get worse. Some reading online suggests rings, which would also give me an excuse to do the oil pan. At least its over 150k, thats the 95th percentile according to Chrysler for the 4.7 for not needing any non routine maintenance parts replaced.

TJXJWJ 02-25-2013 08:24 PM

IF I were you dude...I'd get an evaporator core while I was at it. You sure don't want to have to rip into that again, and if I remember correctly, it was a pretty cheap part. At least it was for my old XJ.

Sounds like it's time for an HO conversion :)