Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   California Group Buy (Centrally located) (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/california-group-buy-centrally-located-55378.html)

adthebadstud 02-24-2013 06:05 PM

California Group Buy (Centrally located)

1 Attachment(s)
Hey everyone, I was able to use the deal from the Faricy Boys in Colorado as leverage with a dealer in central California, specifically Visalia. The dealership is called Lampe Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram. The specific salesperson's name is Yvette Fuse. She seems very nice and willing to work with anyone. I'll attach the letter she sent me offering everyone here a chance to group buy. Any questions, i'd recommend giving her a call.

Good luck, I know I can't wait for my first Jeep!

jbeno 03-24-2013 02:45 PM

Re: California Group Buy (Centrally located)

Have any orders been placed with this deal? I see mention of a 5-member minimum.

moosehead 04-09-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adthebadstud (Post 766941)
Hey everyone, I was able to use the deal from the Faricy Boys in Colorado as leverage with a dealer in central California, specifically Visalia. The dealership is called Lampe Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram. The specific salesperson's name is Yvette Fuse. She seems very nice and willing to work with anyone. I'll attach the letter she sent me offering everyone here a chance to group buy. Any questions, i'd recommend giving her a call.

Good luck, I know I can't wait for my first Jeep!

ABS, per your other recent thread, looks like the attached dealer letter spells it out including a 5 vehicle minimum?

adthebadstud 04-09-2013 05:45 PM

Moose,

That is technically correct. However, the matching of $1750 below invoice was done prior to receiving this letter. And, immediately after seeing this letter I responded asking the sales associate if it meant in order for me to take advantage that I had to convince 4 other people (since I suggested the letter only to help them earn more business based on my deal I "thought" I had secured). The response I got back promptly was "no, we will still honor the price for you."

Edit: It's kind of difficult to explain the time frame of everything, but I have timestamps on all email correspondence leading me to believe of the deal I would be getting.

visitador 05-06-2013 09:08 AM

I was at this dealership this weekend. Ivette is a nice lady. The way the deal is structured, it means that you'll save the most if you are purchasing a lower trim model.

For example, if you are buying a $40K dealer's list price GC, the affiliate discount is $400. Then, the actual dealer discount is $1000 - $400 = $600. It does not seem to work if you are getting an Overland or Summit, unless there are other incentives that they can apply.

Correct me if I am wrong.

adthebadstud 05-06-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by visitador (Post 817924)
I was at this dealership this weekend. Ivette is a nice lady. The way the deal is structured, it means that you'll save the most if you are purchasing a lower trim model.

For example, if you are buying a $40K dealer's list price GC, the affiliate discount is $400. Then, the actual dealer discount is $1000 - $400 = $600. It does not seem to work if you are getting an Overland or Summit, unless there are other incentives that they can apply.

Correct me if I am wrong.

I guess I read you pm wrong!

This is incorrect. It is the opposite of that. It's $1000 off invoice. Then another discount of the affiliate. So on the $40000 example total discount would be $1400. Yvette might have not explained this correctly as she didn't really understand the affiliate stuff but that is the case.

I'm happy with my deal!

visitador 05-06-2013 11:50 AM

Ok. Thanks for clarifying. I'll check again when CRDs are available.

[Edit: the confusing part of that letter is the word "minus." I think it should have been "plus."]

AmistaMike 05-07-2013 11:36 AM

I received a 4% below invoice offer from a Sacramento area dealer, Affiliate pricing, ~$2000 off of dealer invoice. PM me and I will give you the dealer & salesman's name.

visitador 05-27-2013 11:55 AM

Just a bump. A dealer in Solano county, CA wrote that he is confortable with matching the deal that the OP posted. You can PM me for his name. Thanks.