Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Western PA and Eastern OH Group Buy (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/western-pa-and-eastern-oh-group-buy-55508.html)

Chivvalry 02-26-2013 09:17 PM

Western PA and Eastern OH Group Buy

Anyone out there want to gang up on a dealer in the Pittsburgh area? Hopefully we could get at least 2% under invoice. So far I haven't been able to get a dealer around here to do any better than 1% under.

Chivvalry 02-27-2013 11:18 AM

Re: Western PA and Eastern OH Group Buy

(reserved)

Chivvalry 02-27-2013 11:19 AM

BUMP - Anyone out there that wants to gang up on a dealer in the Pittsburgh area? I have seen the DC group talking about 7% under invoice and that looks REAL good to me but we will need the same type of buyer numbers they are seeing to come close to that.

spyder873 02-27-2013 01:19 PM

we could , I am not in a position to buy a new one now but for future Considerations or parts and service maybe?

Chivvalry 02-27-2013 01:28 PM

What are your thoughts on parts/service? What incentive would we give them and what would we ask?

spyder873 02-27-2013 01:36 PM

I dont know , The offroad club we belonged to would get 10% off but that wasnt worth the time . I would like to see the 25% or so to make it worth the while .

Also which dealers are you considering ? the few that are up there ( cranberry / wexford area ) I dont see them giving anything . we had one out here but they were bought out and the owner do not quite understand jeep culture yet .

Chivvalry 02-27-2013 01:42 PM

I've exchanged emails with a few of them... NONE have budged so far from the 1% under invoice with an affiliate number. I test drove a 2014 Laredo Pentastar at the Cranberry dealership and they've been great but still won't budge.

In case we don't get anything done locally I did get my name on the list with the DC group buy... they have negotiated an incredible deal.

spyder873 02-27-2013 01:57 PM

yeah , Its hard to get them move around here . I will probably never buy a new car again . I dont like taken the hit you take when you drive it off the lot. I would rather buy one a few years old.

I dont have much faith in dealers ,lol.

JRekasie 03-03-2013 10:05 AM

I have a dealer in Cranberry Township @ 2% under invoice right now, that is however with use of my affiliate rewards pricing. I'd like to see about going lower, and I think i could go lower with additional people to buy cars from them. I just bought a 2013 300S from them in November, so that may help as well. Let me know your thoughts....

Chivvalry 03-03-2013 10:24 AM

They seem like good guys there... I should give Steve a call and see what he says about 6 or 7 percent under invoice.

TexFJ 03-03-2013 06:26 PM

I have an Overland ordered at Mick's, and live in Cranberry. Current price is 1% below invoice, with a small non-refundable deposit. If we got a significantly better deal, I would consider placing an order with another dealer. Mick's wasn't interested in going below 1%.

Chivvalry 03-03-2013 06:58 PM

At a minimum you should consider looking at the DC group buy thread before you sign that deal. The DC deal, though there was some recent minor confusion, is 7% below invoice plus $499 dealer fee. That would save you a couple thousand...

I will try and get ahold of the Cranberry dealer tomorrow and see what they might be able to do.