Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f186/)
-   -   Kicker Hideaway (Jeep Grand Cherokee) (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f186/kicker-hideaway-jeep-grand-cherokee-55509.html)

macmac 02-26-2013 09:26 PM

Kicker Hideaway (Jeep Grand Cherokee)
 
Anyone own one, and have it in their Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Amazon.com: Kicker Hideaway Compact Powered Sub: Car Electronics


Looking to possibly place it under the cargo area in the rear, but need to take some measurements. This is 3 1/8" tall.

Has anyone measured?

jeremyc653 03-05-2013 06:16 AM

Re: Kicker Hideaway (Jeep Grand Cherokee)
 
Yeah I did the other day. Unfortunately it is not very much. In the big compartment Mounting depth 2.5 in. Little compartment im not sure. however I took out my floor and fit a socket set under there the factory jack tie down straps tow strap movers blanket hitch pin balls for receiver and still have extra room. Im Probably going to mount my pancake sub to the back of the seat via child restraint bracket.

JMLoughrey 03-07-2013 08:05 PM

Re: Kicker Hideaway (Jeep Grand Cherokee)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by macmac (Post 768534)
Anyone own one, and have it in their Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Amazon.com: Kicker Hideaway Compact Powered Sub: Car Electronics


Looking to possibly place it under the cargo area in the rear, but need to take some measurements. This is 3 1/8" tall.

Has anyone measured?

I've installed quite a few of these in various vehicles, mini cooper, tahoe, f150 and numerous civics.

judging from memory it may be a very tight fit, if at all, you can easily grab the dimensions from kicker, build a replica out of cardboard and see if you have the space.

jeremyc653 03-08-2013 03:40 AM

I it was 3 inches with the bottom removed if you put wood down as a new floor you could fit it under there

macmac 03-11-2013 08:52 PM

Re: Kicker Hideaway (Jeep Grand Cherokee)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremyc653 (Post 775862)
I it was 3 inches with the bottom removed if you put wood down as a new floor you could fit it under there

So you cut out the entire bottom, and replaced it with wood, and it will fit? How did it sound?

Any pics of the set up? Did it really sound that bad?

macmac 03-11-2013 08:54 PM

Re: Kicker Hideaway (Jeep Grand Cherokee)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMLoughrey (Post 775661)
I've installed quite a few of these in various vehicles, mini cooper, tahoe, f150 and numerous civics.

judging from memory it may be a very tight fit, if at all, you can easily grab the dimensions from kicker, build a replica out of cardboard and see if you have the space.

I think we have talked about this before, but how do you think this will sound in the jeep for some deeper added bass (as opposed to using my 6.9 for bass)

jeremyc653 04-01-2013 06:43 AM

I didnt cut just removed and put wood there but my sub was in a box that I set ontop of the wood the wood replaced the floor heavier I had a bunch of stuff in the jeep and wanted it to be put away

macmac 04-03-2013 08:52 PM

Re: Kicker Hideaway (Jeep Grand Cherokee)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremyc653 (Post 793106)
I didnt cut just removed and put wood there but my sub was in a box that I set ontop of the wood the wood replaced the floor heavier I had a bunch of stuff in the jeep and wanted it to be put away

So are you saying this will fit in the stock cut out of the WK. Im looking to hide it under, and still maintain all space in my jeep.

jeremyc653 04-05-2013 07:10 PM

You will have 3" of clearence without the floor in. If you sub requires more you can just cut that part away from whatever you replace the floor with. And then just the sub will stick up a little.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community