Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Squeaking heater duct door? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/squeaking-heater-duct-door-55525.html)

Dafish 02-27-2013 10:34 AM

Squeaking heater duct door?

2011 GC V6, Overland, the duct door squeaks when changing from defrost to dash and from dash to the floor. The dealer has changed what they called the center stack twice and the squeak is still there. When I picked it up last week the service guy said , we finaly stopped it from squeaking, like he was not sure.....we are taking it back in this week, any ideas......

Ratchet 02-27-2013 12:41 PM

Re: Squeaking heater duct door?

Sounds like a mode door or mode door servo....which is located on the HVAC sub assembly. Not sure of the exact location on the HVAC assembly being I haven't had the dash out of a Wk2 yet. I can tell you that isn't not located in the center stack.

J13ntv 02-27-2013 03:43 PM

I also have the squeak but its seem to be only when its very cold out, and once it warms up or I go from defrost to vent a handful of times the squeak will go away.

mistadobalina 02-27-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J13ntv (Post 769081)
I also have the squeak but its seem to be only when its very cold out, and once it warms up or I go from defrost to vent a handful of times the squeak will go away.

Ditto. I noticed when very cold when first starting vehicle if I go from manual settings to Auto or vice/versa it does this. Just the one time. My theory is if I made an appt the noise would never happen and Id waste valuable hours of my day. 16xxx miles.

Dafish 02-28-2013 10:10 AM

back in November the actuarator went out plus the plastic gears stripped out on the duct door, all we got was cold air. since they replaced what they called the center stack(took 2 weeks to get it in)we hear the squeak, sometimes just once others times everytime we switch from upper to lower..... it is in the shop today, it did it for them, so we will see

Dafish 03-03-2013 05:36 PM

they said they took the glove box out and sprayed the hinges on the duct doors. We got it back and it squeaked on the way home. They also dislodged the phone connector in the center dash console, now we cannot charge or use our I-phones ,, do not go to All Star Dodge/Jeep,,, When we had our 2001 GC, we finally took it to another dealer after they tried several times to fix the brakes to get it fixed right

mistadobalina 03-04-2013 04:25 PM

All Star? In the STL area?

Dafish 03-05-2013 01:28 PM

I looked at the invoice and it says they replaced the Air Inlet Housing????

Dafish 03-21-2013 07:34 AM

Well I guess we will live with a squeaking door, since it has warmed up, it does not squeak and the dealer does not want to adress the problem now. I did get in writting from them that they heard it if it comes back the will fix it under warranty,,,,, the did reinstall the I-phone plug in.. thing is if it does squeak we will take it to a better dealer.....may have to drive a few more miles but it will probably be fixed the first time and not maybe the 4th....