Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Extended Warranties (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/extended-warranties-55536.html)

doofoo 02-27-2013 11:49 AM

Extended Warranties

What should I be paying? Thinking about getting one on my 14' GC Limited. Was hoping for 100k bumper to bumper since we plan on keeping it a while.

Is the warranty through a third party, or affiliated with Chrysler?

bigrboland 02-27-2013 12:44 PM

Re: Extended Warranties

In July 2012 I purchased a 7 year/100K, bumper-to-bumper Chrysler warranty with a $100 deductible for my 2011 Overland for about $1,700.

wrh1972 02-27-2013 02:04 PM

Here's what I did...go to this website (CHRYSLER SERVICE CONTRACTS: Extended Warranties from Chrysler. SAVE 60%! Quick Quotes. Buy Online.), choose the plan you want, get an instant quote and then give your dealer a chance to match it. Mine did, it was free money for him (even if it was less than he would want).

njtoman 02-27-2013 02:14 PM

Last night I paid $2400 for the lifetime maxcare warranty through Chrysler. I printed out the chyslerwarranties.com website (with the coupon they send you if you give them your email address - currently $190 off) with the prices listed. My dealer matched those. I think i could've gotten down to $2k if I wanted to push for it. I had already gotten dealer down to 4% below invoice on vehicle, plus free crossbars, so I relented.

Additionally, I paid $200 for the interior protection package from my dealer (remove all spots in the interior, or replace upholstery). That is for 5 years coverage. They wanted $700 initially.

FWIW, based on reading a lot of past posts on this topic in this forum, I would strongly recommend going with chrysler over other aftermarket warranties. Dealers know they will get reimbursed without issue by chrylser, so most folks say they are glad to service vehicle. If the dealer has been burned by other companies in the past, they won't honor the warranty (they are not obligated to do so). If you're paying $ for a warranty, then get the best one you can, not one that's in the business of nickel and diming to maintain margins.

wjs81866 02-27-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njtoman (Post 769010)
Last night I paid $2400 for the lifetime maxcare warranty through Chrysler. I printed out the chyslerwarranties.com website (with the coupon they send you if you give them your email address - currently $190 off) with the prices listed. My dealer matched those. I think i could've gotten down to $2k if I wanted to push for it. I had already gotten dealer down to 4% below invoice on vehicle, plus free crossbars, so I relented.

Additionally, I paid $200 for the interior protection package from my dealer (remove all spots in the interior, or replace upholstery). That is for 5 years coverage. They wanted $700 initially.

FWIW, based on reading a lot of past posts on this topic in this forum, I would strongly recommend going with chrysler over other aftermarket warranties. Dealers know they will get reimbursed without issue by chrylser, so most folks say they are glad to service vehicle. If the dealer has been burned by other companies in the past, they won't honor the warranty (they are not obligated to do so). If you're paying $ for a warranty, then get the best one you can, not one that's in the business of nickel and diming to maintain margins.

You paid $2400? Wow, either they went up in price or something. I paid $1500 for Maxcare for each vehicle.

DirtyDuc83 02-27-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wjs81866 (Post 769024)
You paid $2400? Wow, either they went up in price or something. I paid $1500 for Maxcare for each vehicle.

Depends on the deductible he chose as well...although $2400 does still seem a bit high even with the $100 deductible

Jim_in_PA 02-27-2013 03:42 PM

I purchased the Lifetime Maxcare Service Contract (they are not "extended warranties") with a $100 deductible and paid $2185 from an online dealer--about a month ago. This was prior to 12000 miles on the odometer. For me, it's worth it because I'll be driving it for many years, am doing more miles than I used to due to a change in my business travel patterns and there are a lot of expensive electronics and other goodies on the vehicle.

Truck11 02-27-2013 04:56 PM

I got my 100k / 7 year ($100 deductible) for $1200 from the dealer at time of sale.

njtoman 02-27-2013 05:20 PM

Yes, price did go up on these substantially. It happened late 2011, it appears. Mine is $100 deductible.

The Evil Twin 02-27-2013 06:21 PM

The thread below has a lot of info as well as some links for places to get a quote from. Those that are links to a dealer site are warranties through Chrysler. Shop around, and don't be afraid to pit one against the other and see who will get into a price war.
http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/exten...nty-42411.html