Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Detailing (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f8/)
-   -   What to clean engine and everything under hood (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f8/what-to-clean-engine-and-everything-under-hood-55623.html)

Zacedward 03-01-2013 12:40 AM

What to clean engine and everything under hood

Hi I want my engine to look new how would I go about cleaning it the outside and all of under hood thanks

Chaoul1 03-01-2013 12:46 AM

Re: What to clean engine and everything under hood

Well, first off you would need some products and some brushes. DetailedImage has everything you will need. After that you will want to protect all the plastic. DI also has some stuff for that too.

Be sure to cover your alternator and your PCM. And cover any wires that are exposed. You don't want to short anything.

Zacedward 03-01-2013 12:48 AM

Ok thanks so much

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

MichiganSRT8 03-02-2013 01:27 PM

Detailed image is great but also I would recommend Detailers Domain, Phil there carries only quality products at competitive prices. I would recommend this kit he has together

Uber Engine Detailing Starter Kit

If you use the code DB you can save 10% on every order btw!

Zacedward 03-02-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichiganSRT8 (Post 771181)
Detailed image is great but also I would recommend Detailers Domain, Phil there carries only quality products at competitive prices. I would recommend this kit he has together

Uber Engine Detailing Starter Kit

If you use the code DB you can save 10% on every order btw!

Sweet thanks so much

Gtx15 03-02-2013 03:27 PM

Well on my wj I just sprayed some of that simple green cleaner let it sit for a while and used a hose with a soft setting on it then applied some spary CD-2 engine detailer for lines and hoses and looks like new!!:thumbsup:

MichiganSRT8 03-02-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gtx15 (Post 771245)
Well on my wj I just sprayed some of that simple green cleaner let it sit for a while and used a hose with a soft setting on it then applied some spary CD-2 engine detailer for lines and hoses and looks like new!!:thumbsup:

simple green is a great product just be careful that you only use simple green extreme or HD. Its been found that regular simple green is bad on aluminum, which is very much prevalent in todays car engines. I personally haven't seen it myself but being part of many detail forums this has been talked about a good amount. Simple Green HD and Xtreme Simple Green I believe are both aircraft aluminum grade safe and you can use those without worrying under the hood. Not telling you your gunna ruin stuff as people use it for years with no problem, but sometimes you will start to see white blotches on strut braces and such.

joenjulie 03-25-2013 03:46 AM

Little simple green mixed with some dawn depending how oily it is. If its just dirty, some soapy water is probably fine. As others have said Detailedimage, can't go wrong.