Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Compass and Patriot (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f20/)
-   -   2012 Jeep Compass Front Wheel Drive, Off-Roading Possible?? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f20/2012-jeep-compass-front-wheel-drive-off-roading-possible-55631.html)

RloCompass 03-01-2013 10:42 AM

2012 Jeep Compass Front Wheel Drive, Off-Roading Possible??

Hey just recently got a Front Wheel Drive Jeep Compass. Wanted to do a Lift Kit and bigger Tires to do Mild Off Roading. Is It even Possible?? Thoughts?:D

NHPATRIOT 03-02-2013 08:07 PM

Re: 2012 Jeep Compass Front Wheel Drive, Off-Roading Possible??

Possible = Yes. Advisable = Your call. I would not do it personally but it is your vehicle. Just make sure you have someone along in a 4WD to pull you out when you get stuck. At the least have a winch if you go alone.

RloCompass 03-02-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHPATRIOT (Post 771410)
Possible = Yes. Advisable = Your call. I would not do it personally but it is your vehicle. Just make sure you have someone along in a 4WD to pull you out when you get stuck. At the least have a winch if you go alone.

never got the urge to take the patriot off roading?

NHPATRIOT 03-03-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RloCompass (Post 771514)
never got the urge to take the patriot off roading?

No. I have no interest in doing that. Off Roading has never interested me at all to be honest. Especially with a brand new vehicle that costs so much.

I got 4WD for winter driving and also because I hunt and fish and use my boat from April - February. So I see muddy boat ramps and snow/ice covered boat ramps all the time. 4WD is sort of a must for me.

kennzz05 03-03-2013 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RloCompass (Post 770446)
Hey just recently got a Front Wheel Drive Jeep Compass. Wanted to do a Lift Kit and bigger Tires to do Mild Off Roading. Is It even Possible?? Thoughts?:D

shouldnt you have considered all this before purchasing? i dont think the drivetrain is designed for the added weight of larger tires and could likely end up breaking some driveline componant, which you could potentially end up paying for youreself as any warranty claim would probably be denied

might wanna consider buying a older used wrangler or cherokee or isuzu trooper or toyota pick up to satisfy youre offroad needs

RloCompass 03-03-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennzz05 (Post 771577)
shouldnt you have considered all this before purchasing? i dont think the drivetrain is designed for the added weight of larger tires and could likely end up breaking some driveline componant, which you could potentially end up paying for youreself as any warranty claim would probably be denied

might wanna consider buying a older used wrangler or cherokee or isuzu trooper or toyota pick up to satisfy youre offroad needs

wanted 4x4 but the price for the compass i got i couldnt pass up plus the mpg worked better since i work 25 miles from home. i dont wanna do crazy off roading but normal trails nothing crazy. also going camping and such not trying to go up mountains lol