Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   Skid plates for the 2014 Summit-- how much? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/skid-plates-for-the-2014-summit-how-much-55640.html)

rovinrail 03-01-2013 02:30 PM

Skid plates for the 2014 Summit-- how much?
 
How hard is it, and now much would it cost, to add skid plates and tow hooks to a 2014 summit? I have a really good offer on a Summit, but the lack of ORII is Killing me.

I can also go for the overland, but the deal is not nearly so good.

Jim_in_PA 03-01-2013 02:56 PM

Re: Skid plates for the 2014 Summit-- how much?
 
You'd have to source them aftermarket...based on a Google search, it looks like about $500 for the parts based on MY12/13. Nothing is going to show for MY14 at this point.

Specx 03-01-2013 02:58 PM

Re: Skid plates for the 2014 Summit-- how much?
 
Are you getting the Summit for less than the Overland with ORAII? If so, how did you do that and what dealer is hooking you up?

rovinrail 03-01-2013 03:06 PM

Re: Skid plates for the 2014 Summit-- how much?
 
I guess the question more is, will it be a problem to install them-- did they change something to the design that it won't be install ready?

I'm really interested in the Summit deal, but don't want to lose the capability to make it a 'real' jeep!

rovinrail 03-01-2013 03:08 PM

Re: Skid plates for the 2014 Summit-- how much?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Specx (Post 770592)
Are you getting the Summit for less than the Overland with ORAII? If so, how did you do that and what dealer is hooking you up?

I'm getting it for only $2k more than the overland. $51k overall, but that's with a 7-year overseas warranty and shipping to Europe-- about $5k of extras in those costs. It's through the military.

jnavx 03-04-2013 04:05 PM

Re: Skid plates for the 2014 Summit-- how much?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rovinrail (Post 770578)
How hard is it, and now much would it cost, to add skid plates and tow hooks to a 2014 summit? I have a really good offer on a Summit, but the lack of ORII is Killing me.

I can also go for the overland, but the deal is not nearly so good.

I asked my dealer how much it would be to put skid plates on my summit and I was told 1200.

rovinrail 03-04-2013 04:22 PM

Re: Skid plates for the 2014 Summit-- how much?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jnavx (Post 772752)
I asked my dealer how much it would be to put skid plates on my summit and I was told 1200.

Thanks for the feedback-- is that also for a 2014?
I think I'm pulling the trigger and getting it anyway, but really do want to be able to add those later. I hope that there isn't some structural block to that in the redesign.

jnavx 03-04-2013 04:23 PM

Re: Skid plates for the 2014 Summit-- how much?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rovinrail (Post 772767)
Thanks for the feedback-- is that also for a 2014?
I think I'm pulling the trigger and getting it anyway, but really do want to be able to add those later. I hope that there isn't some structural block to that in the redesign.

Yep! That was for the 2014. Doesn't sound like there's anything that would interfere with adding them.

rovinrail 03-04-2013 04:31 PM

Re: Skid plates for the 2014 Summit-- how much?
 
thanks-- that makes me feel a little better!

jnavx 03-07-2013 05:11 PM

Re: Skid plates for the 2014 Summit-- how much?
 
I just got an update that it was misquoted and only $898 for the skid plates.

Renesis07 03-07-2013 07:23 PM

Re: Skid plates for the 2014 Summit-- how much?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jnavx (Post 772752)
I asked my dealer how much it would be to put skid plates on my summit and I was told 1200.

THIS. I ran a quote for another customer. It's about $800 installed for the skid plates and $375 installed for the tow hooks through our parts department (that is based off the equipment in OR1 excl. 18in wheels).

Hammerhead 03-07-2013 09:50 PM

Re: Skid plates for the 2014 Summit-- how much?
 
At justforjeeps.com, you're looking at about $450 for the skid plates and $367 for the tow hooks. That doesn't include shipping so it might be cheaper to pick them up from a dealer.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community