Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   06 bumper switch (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/06-bumper-switch-55667.html)

Alex47er 03-02-2013 12:56 AM

06 bumper switch
 
does anybody know if they 08 GC front bumper is compatible with the 06 GC body? because i really like the 08 front bumper... i would do an SRT front bumper but not sure if it would fit the Jeep without having to do a WHOLE SRT body conversion

Chaoul1 03-02-2013 09:17 AM

Re: 06 bumper switch
 
You would have to change out your front end to a full 08' front end.

You will need to replace you headlights, bumper, bumper support, and grille all to 08+. I'm thinking about doing mine, at the same time I like how mine is.

Alex47er 03-02-2013 05:00 PM

Re: 06 bumper switch
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaoul1 (Post 770999)
You would have to change out your front end to a full 08' front end.

You will need to replace you headlights, bumper, bumper support, and grille all to 08+. I'm thinking about doing mine, at the same time I like how mine is.

Dont get me wrong the front of our jeeps look get but i like the bumper that the new one has

DAVY27 03-03-2013 11:08 AM

Re: 06 bumper switch
 
yep what Paul said...you will need to replace it with all 08 parts

NHWK05 03-03-2013 04:26 PM

Re: 06 bumper switch
 
Ive done a full 08 overland front end swap on my 05.

SvenskaJeepGuy 03-09-2013 08:13 PM

Re: 06 bumper switch
 
http://www.jeepgarage.org/members/99...picture304.jpg

http://www.jeepgarage.org/members/99...icture1575.jpg

http://www.jeepgarage.org/members/99...icture2001.jpg


as you can see, i have done this a few times. you just need a few parts and you are good to go. the hardest to find is the hid headlights and srt grille

Alex47er 03-09-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 777042)

as you can see, i have done this a few times. you just need a few parts and you are good to go. the hardest to find is the hid headlights and srt grille

Broo tell me how you did it or what exactly you bought I like the second picture ! Not really going for the set look too expensive lol

SvenskaJeepGuy 03-10-2013 01:00 AM

Re: 06 bumper switch
 
bumper, lower bumper, chrome strip, srt grille, headlights, bumper support. most of the mounting hardware is the same so that isnt necessary to replace. for the lower bumper i just bought the regular one and painted it to match. looks a million times better painted imo.

Alex47er 03-10-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 777194)
bumper, lower bumper, chrome strip, srt grille, headlights, bumper support. most of the mounting hardware is the same so that isnt necessary to replace. for the lower bumper i just bought the regular one and painted it to match. looks a million times better painted imo.

So if I want that second picture look I would just have to buy the bottom bumper and that's it?

DAVY27 03-10-2013 01:01 PM

Re: 06 bumper switch
 
nah, you need all the parts mentioned in post above you. Or drive to NY and buy my 09 Bumper cover :D

Alex47er 03-10-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVY27 (Post 777414)
nah, you need all the parts mentioned in post above you. Or drive to NY and buy my 09 Bumper cover :D

I'd love to drive to ny... Maybe go watch the Yankees play while I'm there lol

SvenskaJeepGuy 03-10-2013 06:50 PM

Re: 06 bumper switch
 
Yep you need everything i listed. Or just find a wrecked 08-10 and have it repainted


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community