Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

headlight/fog light bulbs

5K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  jerkylips 
#1 ·
was just wondering what bulbs you guys put in your headlights and fogs. I have the standards in right now but want to upgrade soon. Thanks.

#2 ·
I used Sylvania Silverstar, which I am very happy with. There was a good amount of improvement over stock and base models. They might not last as long, but I'd rather be able to see better and spend the extra cash. Now if only I could upgrade my Jeep to a Nissan Xterra, I would be very happy with the money spent on upgrading my vehicle...

#3 ·
Hid

#6 ·
I run stock head lights and hoen yellow fog lights. Before you change bulbs, try adjusting your lights. It's free! Many cars come with the lights adjusted pointed at the ground from the dealership and no one ever bothers to correct them, assuming that is "stock".

#8 ·
HID X5 6k in both best mod yet!

#11 ·
HIDs by far.maybe ur stock fogs are aimed too high

#22 · (Edited)
I don't drive that much at night, so changing to the HID's isn't worth it for me....besides I can use the $$$ for some other mod. I use the standard bulbs in high and low in both my LX and WK, and will switch to Silverstars if one ever burns out. I also run the high beam bulbs (9005's) in the fogs, and since we seldom have fog, they're good additional light reinforcements for the low beams.

#25 ·
Don't know if the 2014's are the same as the earlier ones, but my 06 had 9145 bulbs in the fogs and I put the standard 9005 high beam light in them on both my vehicles. They're not suppose to interchange, but just a slight bit of jiggling will get the 9005's to fit. Much brighter than the stock bulbs.

#26 ·
Is there a certain model HID I have to buy, or is it as easy as just searching for the bulb I want and making sure it's compatible with my 06? Would like to get some 6000 for a whiter look. Also would like to get yellow fogs/lenses, so if anyone has any input on that or links to buy a package, that'd be awesome! thanks

#30 ·
If you dont already have HIDs, you will need the kit. It includes a capacitor, basically that is needed for the initial ignition. They are so much better than halogens. I haven't been "flashed"once since I got mine. My only regret is that I didnt get them sooner.

As for color, with the xtreme kit from xenon depot4300k's will be bright white. I got 5000k and they have a slight blue tint but are mostly white.

Aiming the lights is also a good suggestion - can make a big difference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

#27 · (Edited)
Blackout- check out DDMtuning.com. I bought a pair of HIDS for my fogs and they are quick connect and very easy to put in. They cost me I think between 40-50$, they are really reliable. They will have what you want, it worth it. I have put them through water mud snow and they havent failed me at all. Plus they come with a warranty. I have stock HIDS already, but if you dont they will have a quick connect ballast and bulbs for you also> I will try to find you the link, Bought them a few months ago. By the way I have an 08 WK.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.