Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intakes/Exhausts (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/)
-   -   Hypertech Interceptor (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/hypertech-interceptor-55732.html)

11JeepLTD 03-02-2013 11:18 PM

Hypertech Interceptor

I ordered the Hypertech Interceptor tonight along with a K&N intake tube. I already have the Airaid drop in filter box, so I ordered the intake tube to gain some better flow and sound. I will report back when the Interceptor comes in :thumbsup:

CMil527 03-03-2013 09:00 PM

Re: Hypertech Interceptor

keep us posted as to your impressions!

11JeepLTD 03-03-2013 10:20 PM

Will do! I cant wait for it to get here to see how the jeep responds. Looks like it should ship out by 3/5 so hopefully by the end of the week I should have some goodies at my door step.

11JeepLTD 03-05-2013 10:54 PM

Interceptor will be here tomorrow. Hoping it gets to my doorstep before I have to head out to work tomorrow night. Once I get it installed I will report back on the results.

CMil527 03-06-2013 11:14 PM

Whats the word bro?

11JeepLTD 03-07-2013 12:24 AM

Just got home from work and had a box sitting on the porch. I am going to get some sleep and ill install the interceptor in the jeep in the morning. I will be sure to hop on and leave some feedback tomorrow mid day before heading to work.

11JeepLTD 03-07-2013 10:45 AM

I was able to get the Interceptor installed this morning. The install took me less than thirty minutes to complete. The hardest part of the install was getting to the MAP sensor and getting it disconnected and re connected with the Hypertech harness. Overall it is a basic disconnect/re connect install and very simple. The MAP sensor is just a pain to get to at the back of the engine.
After the install I took it for a short drive, throttle response is much improved. Once I had the jeep warmed up I punched it rolling at about 20mph and that thing immidiately down shifted hard and took the F off. So far I am happy with it. I will get some more miles on it here this weekend. I am hoping I can bump my fuel mileage up a little as well.

kkreit01 03-07-2013 01:24 PM

I would love to see a real dyno, or real test runs with this device. It looks like pure snake oil compared to a real tuner (Diablo, BullyDog, etc).

11JeepLTD 03-07-2013 02:01 PM

A dyno would be fun to test it out and see what the actual gains were. I am just giving feed back on my experience with the device. From the seat of the pants and driving around I can feel a difference from stock. I just got back from running some errands, and for the first time on dry pavement had the traction light come on when accelerating hard from a dig. (never had this happen stock, normally it would just bog down) So take it as "pure snake oil" or not I figured id give it a shot, and figured I would comment on how the jeep ran with it.

CMil527 03-07-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkreit01 (Post 775247)
I would love to see a real dyno, or real test runs with this device. It looks like pure snake oil compared to a real tuner (Diablo, BullyDog, etc).

Ummm last i checked hypertech had dyno graphs posted on their site from a LX platform hemi the diablosport site not so much... so lets be a lil more sure of what we're talking about when discussing snake oil. I've read some positive feedback on the diablo stuff but also guys with dash lights on... so it really depends on what your looking far but everyone i've seen running the hypertech speaks glowingly of the product!

CMil527 03-07-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11JeepLTD (Post 775298)
A dyno would be fun to test it out and see what the actual gains were. I am just giving feed back on my experience with the device. From the seat of the pants and driving around I can feel a difference from stock. I just got back from running some errands, and for the first time on dry pavement had the traction light come on when accelerating hard from a dig. (never had this happen stock, normally it would just bog down) So take it as "pure snake oil" or not I figured id give it a shot, and figured I would comment on how the jeep ran with it.

Glad to hear your input on it bro.. sounds like another happy customer!! :thumbsup:

dslide 03-07-2013 10:54 PM

Decided to purchase my Hypertech after getting a 30 day money back guarantee. That was over a month ago, so needless to say this thing is staying under my hood as it has changed the driving experience in my WK2. Quicker, better acceleration/ throttle response, and my Jeep has some juice now. Digging the snake oil. :D