Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (
-   -   Decision, Decision (

BobsWK2 03-03-2013 06:14 PM

Decision, Decision
I currently have a 14 Summit 4X4 V8 in white/black on order with an estimated delivery on 3/16. I'm getting it for invoice minus holdback. I stopped by my dealer the other day and they also have a 14 SRT in white/black with panoroof, tow, black chrome split 5 spoke wheels and SRT audio on order. It didn't get to D1 yet. I'm tempted to go for the SRT. I wonder but doubt it, if I could get it for invoice minus the holdback. It's roughly 15K more than the Summit. Opinions welcomed.

Srt8_hmi 03-03-2013 06:47 PM

Re: Decision, Decision
Bob..if you're in a position where you can afford the SRT you'd be CRAZY not to jump all of it. It competeswith trucks that cost more than $30k. The 8 speed is amzing in the V6 model so I can only imagine how sick it will be when mated to the 392. IMO the Summit is too blinged out anyways.

A.V.GCSRT8 03-03-2013 07:11 PM

Re: Decision, Decision
What he said^^^^ no reason not to if you can afford. Its not like towing capacity will bold anyone back now

BobsWK2 03-03-2013 07:49 PM

Re: Decision, Decision
It's funny, every time I have had an SUV, I always get the tow package and have never used it. I did have a 2010 M3 Coupe prior to getting my current 12 Overland so it's tempting to get the GC SRT. I may just see what the dealer will do on price of the SRT they have on order. Current status on it is BG, whatever that means.
Has anyone received a price of invoice minus holdback on the 14 SRT? Maybe Scott?

akimball 03-03-2013 07:53 PM

Re: Decision, Decision
if i could afford one i would have one on order right now....


Scottina06 03-03-2013 08:50 PM

Re: Decision, Decision
Bob...this early I VERY seriously doubt you can get invoice minus holdback. Maybe invoice with a dealer youve done lots of purchases with? Its gonna be a tough market on these 14 SRT's...pretty sure all allocations with be full all year. 5000 is suppose to be the limit each year.

Rizzuto 03-04-2013 02:43 AM

Drive an SRT before you decide against it at least. I drove both and that was it for me, no going back now.

As for price, get the best you can, but as Scott said limited numbers means you're on the wrong end of the supply & demand scale.

SRTgeek 03-04-2013 03:35 AM

Re: Decision, Decision
The SRT is king for a reason. :)

If you're not going off-roading (let's face it, it's scratch the paint on the Overland) - then might as well be able to scare some children with it. :)

You know my vote. ;)


ViperGTS 03-04-2013 05:41 AM

Re: Decision, Decision
I had invoice offered from 1 dealer but his trade-in offers were too low. A second dealer offered invoice +$500 and offered $4,500 more for the trade-ins. I feel I couldn't ask for anything better so SRT is ordered.

ECSZ06 03-04-2013 01:28 PM

Re: Decision, Decision
Go for the SRT I love my 2012 so I can not even imagine how good the 2014 will be. With the 8 speed auto and launch control.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community