Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Cd/DVD Player in 2014-- Removable? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/cd-dvd-player-in-2014-removable-55790.html)

rovinrail 03-04-2013 11:40 AM

Cd/DVD Player in 2014-- It's not removable
 
Does anyone know if the player is removable, or if it's fixed in place?

I've got an option to get it at no additional cost-- so I would get it, but only if I can take it out and get my storage slot back when I want to.

SnoFire 03-04-2013 11:41 AM

Re: Cd/DVD Player in 2014-- Removable?
 
Fixed in place.

rovinrail 03-04-2013 11:44 AM

Re: Cd/DVD Player in 2014-- Removable?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoFire (Post 772507)
Fixed in place.

Thanks! No CD for me, then.

Beers 03-10-2013 10:06 PM

Re: Cd/DVD Player in 2014-- Removable?
 
Something else I saw today looking at a CD player on a '14 Limited, not only does it eat up about half of the center console storage compartment, it eliminates the upper storage that's in the lid. If you need the space up front, probably a good idea to pass unless you really want the convenience.

BobsWK2 03-11-2013 01:51 AM

Re: Cd/DVD Player in 2014-- Removable?
 
Once I saw the image of the CD Player taking up 1/2 the center console space, I had my dealer remove it from my order. Looks like I made the right decision.

myoung84 03-11-2013 08:10 AM

Re: Cd/DVD Player in 2014-- Removable?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beers (Post 777791)
Something else I saw today looking at a CD player on a '14 Limited, not only does it eat up about half of the center console storage compartment, it eliminates the upper storage that's in the lid. If you need the space up front, probably a good idea to pass unless you really want the convenience.

I didn't know that it removes the upper storage as well. I wish I would have left it off now...

AbleRiot 03-13-2013 12:17 PM

Re: Cd/DVD Player in 2014-- Removable?
 
Yup - the first MY14 I saw was a Laredo with this option on the dealer floor. I opened up the console and kept pulling up the lid expecting more storage. I was like WTF? With CD player installed, you can barely put anything in there - They almost make you NOT order it.

whoisdan 04-18-2013 01:57 AM

Re: Cd/DVD Player in 2014-- Removable?
 
OK Guys, so I'm screwed here. I picked up my new 2014 Overland, Blacked out with 20's, LOVE IT, but I CANNOT stand the damn CD player eating up my center console and causing me to lose my top storage. Does anyone know if I can have it removed and replace the center console and lid cover. I'm willing to spend the money, just cant stand having no storage at all. Any help or guidance anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

bill_de 04-18-2013 06:25 AM

Re: Cd/DVD Player in 2014-- Removable?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by whoisdan (Post 806336)
OK Guys, so I'm screwed here. I picked up my new 2014 Overland, Blacked out with 20's, LOVE IT, but I CANNOT stand the damn CD player eating up my center console and causing me to lose my top storage. Does anyone know if I can have it removed and replace the center console and lid cover. I'm willing to spend the money, just cant stand having no storage at all. Any help or guidance anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Did you read the thread? :confused:



.

xJoshxx 04-18-2013 10:24 AM

Re: Cd/DVD Player in 2014-- Removable?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by whoisdan (Post 806336)
OK Guys, so I'm screwed here. I picked up my new 2014 Overland, Blacked out with 20's, LOVE IT, but I CANNOT stand the damn CD player eating up my center console and causing me to lose my top storage. Does anyone know if I can have it removed and replace the center console and lid cover. I'm willing to spend the money, just cant stand having no storage at all. Any help or guidance anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...gif?1318992465

whoisdan 04-18-2013 02:22 PM

Re: Cd/DVD Player in 2014-- Removable?
 
Guys, of course I read the thread. What I'm asking is there anyway for me to buy a new console insert and cover and throw away the CD player, current insert and current cover? I assume the entire center console is stock and they simply change out the insert, add the CD player, and use a different lid. I'm not trying to be difficult here, just looking for a solution to a crappy design flaw.

SnoFire 04-18-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoisdan (Post 806664)
Guys, of course I read the thread. What I'm asking is there anyway for me to buy a new console insert and cover and throw away the CD player, current insert and current cover? I assume the entire center console is stock and they simply change out the insert, add the CD player, and use a different lid. I'm not trying to be difficult here, just looking for a solution to a crappy design flaw.

That you probably be something you would have to ask the dealer and order from them when it becomes available.. Nothing as of right now.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community