Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Aussie 2014 SRT - Thoughts Please. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/aussie-2014-srt-thoughts-please-55829.html)

patch 03-04-2013 05:52 PM

Aussie 2014 SRT - Thoughts Please.

GDay All, Im about to trade in my much loved 09 Hilux (smeared with mods) for a 2014 JEEP SRT... Although I still have a few questions before I sign the dotted line.

I do mainly open road cruising and am hoping to get at least the kind of figures that Jeep have quoted (ie somewher betwen 15 and 19 mpg or 12-15 l/100km) on the combined - open road. Can someone over in the US please confirm that these figures are true to the new 8 speed SUV?

I will sorely miss my offroading capabilities that my lifted, locked and modified Hilux gave me... ALthough if I am to be honest 98% of my driving is on tarmac roads... The remaing 2% is mainly offroading that an average 4WD could do. The rest has been the fun stuff... What sort of offorading is the SRT really capable of? Any at all?

Im thnking the panoramic sunroof and 19 speaker audio upgrade... Can the roof racks still take skis etc when I have the sunroof option? Are there half decent looking roof racks for the WK2?

Im keen to hear some new owners thoughts... Is the SRT everything its cut out to be. It may be an awesome track SUV but is it OK as a daily driver?

Appreciated in Advance

Patch

Bono392 03-07-2013 04:34 AM

Re: Aussie 2014 SRT - Thoughts Please.

G'day Patch. A few questions there. I can only help on a few, being an Oz MY13 owner. The pano roof and premium audio are awesome. I have them and wouldn't go any other way. The sunroof has no effect on the ability to fit crossrails. I believe is the same setup for all the range.

In short, I love this beast. I my daily and gives me an awesome grin every single day, even when siting in traffic. Done the off-roader thing before, but this is another level that you won;t regret :) Good luck! Deano

patch 03-07-2013 04:49 AM

Thanks mate. How's the fuel usage? Where are you located?

SC00BB 03-08-2013 03:42 AM

G'day Patch,

I traded my 05 V6 Hilux that was lifted and running 32's on a MY13 Alpine and have no regrets, I think it is better on fuel than the Hilux on the open road.
On a trip to Canberra and back from Sydney I always had to fill the Lux in Canberra to make it back, the SRT went there and back on one tank and mine is the 5 speed so the 8 speed should shit it in.
Absolutely love this car

patch 03-26-2013 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC00BB (Post 775863)
G'day Patch,

I traded my 05 V6 Hilux that was lifted and running 32's on a MY13 Alpine and have no regrets, I think it is better on fuel than the Hilux on the open road.
On a trip to Canberra and back from Sydney I always had to fill the Lux in Canberra to make it back, the SRT went there and back on one tank and mine is the 5 speed so the 8 speed should shit it in.
Absolutely love this car

Can you run e10 in it? Can you feel any difference with 95 or 98 octane?

patch 03-26-2013 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bono392 (Post 774942)
G'day Patch. A few questions there. I can only help on a few, being an Oz MY13 owner. The pano roof and premium audio are awesome. I have them and wouldn't go any other way. The sunroof has no effect on the ability to fit crossrails. I believe is the same setup for all the range.

In short, I love this beast. I my daily and gives me an awesome grin every single day, even when siting in traffic. Done the off-roader thing before, but this is another level that you won;t regret :) Good luck! Deano

Deano... Have you got cross rails on your SRT? How?

Scottina06 03-26-2013 11:30 AM

no 14' MY SRT's have been delivered yet in the US...so it may be a few weeks before we get any owners experienced gas mileage quotes.

I oove my 13' SRT as well....I wouldnt have had one without the pano roof and 19 speaker SRT audio....both are awesome! Ive put 5000 miles on mine without any problems, squeaks rattle etc. Its perfect....and fast as hell!

patch 04-03-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 788640)
no 14' MY SRT's have been delivered yet in the US...so it may be a few weeks before we get any owners experienced gas mileage quotes.

I oove my 13' SRT as well....I wouldnt have had one without the pano roof and 19 speaker SRT audio....both are awesome! Ive put 5000 miles on mine without any problems, squeaks rattle etc. Its perfect....and fast as hell!

Do you have cross rails on your SRT?

patch 04-03-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC00BB (Post 775863)
G'day Patch,

Absolutely love this car

Can it run e10?

Kyle173 04-03-2013 06:54 AM

I wouldn't run anything lower then 98 u spend that much money on a car splash out and buy good fuel

Scottina06 04-03-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patch (Post 794591)
Do you have cross rails on your SRT?

no sir....but there are accessory racks from yakima etc. Have a look at Mopar Jeep Accessories & Parts Store at JustForJeeps.com They have an accessory rack.

You can also add the nonSRT rack to the SRT...you just have fewer mounting points.

Blakey 04-04-2013 02:36 PM

Hi Patch,
I am also looking at placing an order on an SRT here in Aussie
Have you been given approximate delivery dates?
I have spoken to two dealers in Melbourne, and both are telling me early next year.
This seems a lifetime away, and since the the car is already in production doesn't seem correct