Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   Polyurethane Bushings.... Are they worth it? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/polyurethane-bushings-are-they-worth-it-5587.html)

White WK Swagga 01-14-2010 02:16 PM

Polyurethane Bushings.... Are they worth it?

I seen on Speed Vision that an awesome suspension mod was to upgrade to polyurethane bushings. I don't know much about suspension systems but this seemed like an affordable mod but I haven't heard of many people doing this......

Opinions and facts are welcome...
Please discuss...

hemi.jon 01-14-2010 02:37 PM

Re: Polyurethane Bushings.... Are they worth it?

Poly bushings are amazing, it was a big deal for the offroad suspensions. EVERYONE switches to them if they dont want Heims. it is 100% worth it. but i dont think anyone makes a kit for the WKs. Poly just doesnt wear like rubber bushings. i had poly engine mounts, tranny mount, body mounts, and full suspension (before i went to a long arm with heims)

White WK Swagga 01-14-2010 02:44 PM

Oh ok. Sounded interesting and I haven't heard it mentioned here. I guess that's more an offroading mod or something.

hemi.jon 01-14-2010 02:54 PM

theres alot of cars that use it to, its just a longer lasting bushing that has less play in it then rubber. its just no one has made them for the GCs yet (i dont think) so thats why no body talks about it. its not an "offroad only" thing.

BenReardon 01-14-2010 02:55 PM

I would love to see if someone made a kit that I could swap mine out with. Seems like a mod that would return volumes vs. cost.

White WK Swagga 01-14-2010 02:57 PM

Yeah I would be interested in this mod for sure!

B.P.O.D 01-14-2010 03:21 PM

^^^x2

FlyinRyan 01-14-2010 05:43 PM

Poly bushings aren't a "offroad" thing. PLENTY of street guys use them because they are much tougher than automotive grade rubber and typicallly last longer. They are also more resistent to chemical related corrosion. I run poly bushings in the rear sway bar brackets of my WJ, for 40 bucks it's worth it. I would do it in conjunction with some other suspension mod such as a aftermarket or upgraded swaybar however.

White WK Swagga 01-14-2010 06:05 PM

^^^ really. I wish someone would make them for jeeps.

05wkguy 01-15-2010 01:18 AM

Bwoody makes upgraded sway bar end links with poly bushings,and they are supposed to make a nice upgrade. The bushings they use however are unique to Bwoody and will not work by themselves on the WK. Currently there are no known poly bushings that will fit.

HOWEVER, having said that--in 3 weeks i may have a better answer for you guys

White WK Swagga 01-15-2010 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05wkguy (Post 132685)
Bwoody makes upgraded sway bar end links with poly bushings,and they are supposed to make a nice upgrade. The bushings they use however are unique to Bwoody and will not work by themselves on the WK. Currently there are no known poly bushings that will fit.

HOWEVER, having said that--in 3 weeks i may have a better answer for you guys

Keep us posted. If not I will come find you and take your poly bushings. LOL

Scottina06 01-15-2010 12:14 PM

the upgrade is the links....not the bushings