Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Is tan/brown an undesirable interior choice? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/is-tan-brown-an-undesirable-interior-choice-56036.html)

darkom 03-07-2013 04:10 PM

Is tan/brown an undesirable interior choice?

Purchasing a '14 Overland w/ black exterior, and just browsing cars.com it seems like 99% of the black exterior Overlands have black interior.

Jeepleap 03-07-2013 04:13 PM

Re: Is tan/brown an undesirable interior choice?

I love beige I just wished they would have kept the floor carpet a darker, less stainprone color. I supposed I could always buy charcoal floor mats.

Willir2 03-07-2013 04:16 PM

I have light interior as well. I bought the Jeep Slush mats.

bill_de 03-07-2013 04:18 PM

It's not undesirable if you like it.

This is not the BORG collective. You are permitted to make up your own mind. :D

Jim_in_PA 03-07-2013 04:22 PM

I like beige/tan and will likely never buy a black interior of my own volition...keeping the black carpet in my Summit clean has been a major pain. Dirt isn't black. It's tan. ;)

darkom 03-07-2013 04:24 PM

I know I can make up my own mind, I just wasn't sure if there was some delay on the beige interiors or if the cars.com selection was a true reflection of their lack of popularity. If beige is really that unpopular, it may be a little tough to sell once the time comes, etc.

jgc4ever 03-07-2013 04:41 PM

I have Brilliant Black / Beige Interior. It was hard to find. A dealer 350 miles away had two, one was a demo and the other sold. Had to go 550 miles to find mine.

jgc4ever 03-07-2013 04:42 PM

I was thinking maybe I should have got black a little while ago, but after having a rental with a black interior, I didn't like it (not a fair comparison though as the rental was not a Grand Cheorkee, it was a GMC Terrain). So happy with my WK2 Brilliant Black/Beige, inside and out.

Taws600 03-07-2013 05:16 PM

I'm partial to only black. Don't know why. I have a golden retriever and it makes sense tan would be a better option but I guess once you go black u never go back.

Matterhorn 03-07-2013 07:48 PM

I've got Black with Beige also.

Great combo IMO

Renesis07 03-07-2013 08:17 PM

Black is an easier sell for dealers, beige is an acquired taste. That being said, I wouldn't call it 'undesired'; just desired by a specific person whereas black is easier for someone to 'settle' on.

I will say, most of the requests I've been getting have actually been for beige/lt frost interior.

sndrsk 03-07-2013 09:23 PM

I wish they offered a grey color. Black seems harder to clean, it always looks cruddy. And my ginger girlfriend's hair shows up all over black, especially when the light hits it just right. Black is just so dang dominant on the dealer lots.