Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

2014 hemi real life mpg

16K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  bigfoothunt 
#1 ·
Since the crd is on hold. I was wondering what guys have been getting for mpg with the hemi. I really want the crd, but i'm starting to blink and might fall back to the hemi. I might be able to live with 17/24. Is that reasonable? thanks:confused:

#4 ·
that's what i was afraid of. already getting that mileage on my 2011 ram with the hemi.

#8 ·
Do you have an 8 speed? When I test drove one I ran it hard and the read out was still in the 17's which impressed me. With the 8 speed higher speeds cruising don't have a huge effect on mpgs as much anymore.

#7 ·
It's hard to tell what mileage anyone will get. it could vary by at least 2-3MPG depending on someone's driving style.

I personally beat the highway numbers on any vehicle because i drive slow.

If someone is a tailgater, they're likely always feathering the gas (and annoying the hell out of me)

Highway speed limits are from 55-85, so someone's posted highway MPG will vary by at least 1 MPG for each 10 MPH above 55...likely more.

But at the end of the day, the GC will be almost exactly like your Ram...sorry you have to wait....its tough!

#9 ·
The mileage you are all reporting is on a par with my MDX, which requires premium. So even if I go mid grade I'll be saving twenty cents a gallon. :cool:

I couldn't find this in the OM, so I'll ask here.

The MDX has 2 trip odometers and mileage is calculated for each. Number one can be programmed to reset automatically every time you gas up. So, unless you use #2, you can see mileage for current tank and mileage over the life of the car.

I don't look at them often, but after reading this thread I went out to see what my mileage has been for the last couple of years.

With all the stuff hidden in the magic touch screen, does the Jeep offer this?

#10 ·
I leave trip one set for overall fuel economy and trip two for the current fill up. I'm at 18.4 for an overall 680 miles and 18.7 for my current fill up. Ill probably change trip one at every oil change. I haven't found any auto restets.

Reactions: bill_de
#20 ·
I still have yet to see the actual window sticker MPG ratings for the 2014 V8. Anyone know what it is? I know the V6 says 17/24, but what about the V8? Thanks.
My 2014 GC 4X4 V8 (in transit) which I also printed out the window sticker for says 14/20. Even my old 2012 GC 4X4 V8 with the old 5/6 speed was 13/20.
So no improvement on the highway.

#16 ·
I would be thrilled if I could get 20 highway out of my Hemi Jeep. This will be my 4th Hemi and 20 mpg would be the best I've had yet.

2010 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 2wd 3.92 gears, with MDS: Rated 14/20. Averaged about 15, best highway tank was 19.6 on a long road trip. Most highway tanks were about 16-18. Had that one two years and 50k miles, traded on 2012 below.

2012 Ram 2500 Power Wagon, 4.56 gears: Not rated. Average about 10, best highway mileage is about 13-14, but normally around 11-12 running 70-75 mph. Had this one 15 months and 15k miles.

2008 Charger SRT8, 6.1L Hemi: Rated 13/18. Average about 16, best highway is about 18. Highway could be better but it's pretty hard to drive this car easy. Had this one 2 years and about 20k miles. Trading/Selling for the Jeep.

I know all three of these are a little different animal than the JGC, but just showing that Hemis don't get the best mileage no matter what they are in and that 20+ MPG highway will be an improvement for me.

#18 ·
I could pull 20-22 highway out of all my 6.1's. They did have catbacks, headers, intakes and tunes though. Seems like tge combined 19mpg for the V6 is pretty close.

#17 ·
I beat my EPA estimates with my Jeep soundly. Typically 21 highway (with lots of hills), and 14 city (lots of hills and stop & go). When I was in Florida, I was getting 24mpg highway.

A lot of it is driving style. If you get good mpg with a Ram, I figure you would be in good shape with a GC.

But if you're getting the same mpg out of an MDX as a V8 GC is rated for, you're going to get massively low fuel economy out of a V8 GC. Too much of a heavy foot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.