Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Height of 2014 GC in Sport Mode? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/height-of-2014-gc-in-sport-mode-56080.html)

fraserjr 03-08-2013 09:19 AM

Height of 2014 GC in Sport Mode?

Does anyone know the total height of the 2014 GC when they are in sport mode. I have a parking garage in the city that I park in frequently, but the height is only 5'10" and I want to make sure the new truck will fit and not tear up the shark fin antenna.

JTS97Z28 03-08-2013 09:37 AM

Re: Height of 2014 GC in Sport Mode?

Thats gonna be cutting it close. Geez, they really dont want a whole lot of anything except cars in there lol. Im trying to remember how high the roof was when standing next to my 2012 Overland. I typically had it in sport mode and I think I remember the roof line being pretty equal with the height of my eyes when standing next to it. I am about 5'11 or 6ft tall. Like I said its gonna be tight. Wish I had actual numbers for you, but I sold my Overland so I cant go out and measure it. The height should be the same as the earlier Overland's with air suspension so I would imagine someone can get you those numbers.

Even if the Jeep can make it in sport mode, but none of the other modes I dont know if you want to risk it. There is gonna be that one time you forget to drop it to park/exit or sport mode and your gonna destroy the roof of your new truck. You WILL forget it one time, that kind of stuff just happens.

Jim_in_PA 03-08-2013 02:49 PM

I believe you want "park mode" for parking, not "sport mode". Sport is front low. Park is "all low".

fraserjr 03-08-2013 02:50 PM

But you can drive in Park Mode correct? So Sport Mode only lowers the front and not the rear?

trelos78 03-08-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fraserjr (Post 776168)
But you can drive in Park Mode correct? So Sport Mode only lowers the front and not the rear?

That is correct. Or you can pull the M2 fuse and drive in park mode ALL the time regardless of speed. Totally changes the way the jeep looks and drives!!!

fraserjr 03-08-2013 03:03 PM

What is the speed limitation on driving in Park Mode?

mka18 03-08-2013 03:18 PM

Eyeballing my '12 from a tape in park mode, it's around 5'9" estimating for the new shark fin. My guess is you might want to swing the test drive by the garage before you buy.

JTS97Z28 03-08-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fraserjr (Post 776181)
What is the speed limitation on driving in Park Mode?

I forget offhand what the speed limitation is (guessing around 15mph before it raises it up), but I know you can easily cruise around in parking lots in park mode. So like mentioned above your best bet would be to go as low as it will go and use park mode. That seems really goofy that this parking garage is that low! So that means most SUV's will probably not fit. I mean heck, most people will have to duck to walk through that.

Srt8_hmi 03-08-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trelos78 (Post 776176)
That is correct. Or you can pull the M2 fuse and drive in park mode ALL the time regardless of speed. Totally changes the way the jeep looks and drives!!!

Really? Please do tell where that is located.

trelos78 03-09-2013 11:40 AM

In the fuse box m2 fuse. Look at manual. It controls the air suspension and the elsd. Put the car in park mode, turn it off. Open fuse box take fuse out. That's it. The car will drive in park mode all the time regardless of speed. No rubbing no noise going over bumps. Only downside is you can't lift it up until you put the fuse back in!!!

jacko15 03-09-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trelos78 (Post 776727)
In the fuse box m2 fuse. Look at manual. It controls the air suspension and the elsd. Put the car in park mode, turn it off. Open fuse box take fuse out. That's it. The car will drive in park mode all the time regardless of speed. No rubbing no noise going over bumps. Only downside is you can't lift it up until you put the fuse back in!!!

Instant "Low Rider"!:cool:

f1anatic 03-09-2013 01:23 PM

Interesting. Is there any enhanced fuel economy benefits ? Someone has to test this. Same stretch of road, 10 miles, 60 mph on cruise control. Test it as follows:
- in 3 modes (fuse pulled; normal, sport mode)
- back to back tests (to minimize temperature, wind factors)
- in the same direction (to minimize any terrain / ascent/descent factors)
- resetting the fuel economy each time in the same way (preferably when you reach 60 mph on cruise control)
- 10 miles distance @ 60 mph speed on cruise control

Report back. If you travel somewhere loooong distance on the highway, if it nets 1-2 mpgs, it might be useful to do it on the highway portion only. Say Chicago to Denver - 1000 miles of highway. Pull the fuse. I would rather have a hack (via Lockpick or similar) so I could drop it in Park mode for the "bestest" aero drag coefficient but if it takes a fuse, I will do it.

http://blog.executiveautogroup.com/w...uadra-Lift.jpg

Also in this document
http://www.wk2jeeps.com/2014/2014_wk...ifications.pdf
it will give the car's height on page 5 or 6
Quote:

Overall Height (at Roof Rail / at Antenna) 69.3 (1761) / 70.0 (1779)