Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Drag strip (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/drag-strip-56097.html)

five.7 Hemi 03-08-2013 02:54 PM

Drag strip

1 Attachment(s)
So last min. deal. Some co-workers and me are going to the drag strip tonight just to goof around and have some fun. Its street racing night.....basically grudge match night. Sooooooo, for shits and giggles I'm going to run the Jeep against co-workers modded VW passat.:lol:

Should be some good times......oh yeah, going to try to get a pic of the Jeep doing a burnout just before staging. haha!! Should be hilarious!
hope it will turn the big 22's with 305's out back. :cool::D

white6.4 03-08-2013 02:56 PM

Where are you located that drag strips are open already?

five.7 Hemi 03-08-2013 03:03 PM

Re: Drag strip

Quote:

Originally Posted by white6.4 (Post 776174)
Where are you located that drag strips are open already?

Houston Texas....they never close. :)

white6.4 03-08-2013 03:09 PM

Thats awesome, ours open in late March or early April( weather permitting) till sept oct, but going early or late in the season gets scary sometimes because track is so cold :(

SnoFire 03-08-2013 03:11 PM

That's awesome!!! Get the pics or video up when you can

JTS97Z28 03-08-2013 03:42 PM

Dude dont try and do a burnout in a 4wd Jeep lol. Not only will it not do one, but you won't be doing any favors to your tranny or transfer case either lol.
Just get up to the line hold the break and bring the rpm's up to 1200-1500rpm then just launch it. The Jeep obviously won't be fast, but might hold its own against a Passat lol. Oh and having 22's are going to kill your Jeeps times and mph.

mka18 03-08-2013 04:05 PM

I've always been scared to death to take my fun car anywhere near those places. I've heard if you wreck on there it's not covered under insurance? So if your buddy loses control and takes you out you could be SOL? Not 100% sure, but taking your daily driver out for some fun could turn ugly. But I will watch the burnout vid if you post ;-)

five.7 Hemi 03-08-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 (Post 776215)
Dude dont try and do a burnout in a 4wd Jeep lol. Not only will it not do one, but you won't be doing any favors to your tranny or transfer case either lol.
Just get up to the line hold the break and bring the rpm's up to 1200-1500rpm then just launch it. The Jeep obviously won't be fast, but might hold its own against a Passat lol. Oh and having 22's are going to kill your Jeeps times and mph.

Come on man, I'm not ****ing stupid.....that's the whole reason I bought a 2wd. :)

five.7 Hemi 03-08-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mka18 (Post 776228)
I've always been scared to death to take my fun car anywhere near those places. I've heard if you wreck on there it's not covered under insurance? So if your buddy loses control and takes you out you could be SOL? Not 100% sure, but taking your daily driver out for some fun could turn ugly. But I will watch the burnout vid if you post ;-)

Yep, your right but really I don't give a damn.
BTW my RX7 is out of commission.....so that's why I'm taking the Jeep. :)

JTS97Z28 03-08-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by five.7 Hemi (Post 776288)
Come on man, I'm not ****ing stupid.....that's the whole reason I bought a 2wd. :)

Oh woops sorry. I sometimes assume 4wd when talking about Jeeps. In that case yeah light'em up haha.

five.7 Hemi 03-09-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 (Post 776334)
Oh woops sorry. I sometimes assume 4wd when talking about Jeeps. In that case yeah light'em up haha.

Haha! No problem.

Well had a lot of fun last night hanging out with friends and car guys.
First let me say that I got a lot of compliments on how my Jeep looked but none on how it performed. Haha! Yeah, the shits slow. Best time of 16.1 and worst of 16.6......freaking awful. I'm sure the 22" wheels didn't help at all plus my over all tire diameter is 1" larger....effective raising my gear ratio. It really didn't run that great either....had a strange surging about 1/2 track. Think I need to get the diablosport tuner.
It was fun but man there sure was a lot of Bone heads out there. We didn't get very many passes because people kept breaking shit or doing stupid shit.
Anyways here's a few pics.

five.7 Hemi 03-09-2013 04:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pics