Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Another p0441 code

35K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  marauder 
#1 ·
I joined the P0441 code family..had AUTOZONE pull code, light came on yesterday called Dealer to take it in WED. next week. removed gas cap and reinstalled it, driving jeep to see if code goes away. Only have 9,300 miles on my Jeep.

#3 ·
Keep us updated on your problem. Maybe it's a faulty cap. The '14 JGC doesn't have one anymore, wonder how that will play out. Just remember, today's vehicles are extremely complicated, and nothing is perfect. If you own a car with absolutely no issues over a long period of time you are most certainly in the minority. Acura dealers have service departments too. Hope it's something simple to resolve your problem. Try to keep a positive attitude, and good luck!

#5 ·
Not sure if they are related or not. Looks like the trip to dealer is necessary. Good to be under warranty.

#6 ·
According to the service advisor the ECO will not work with the check engine and also neither will my remote start.. the engine fired up but when I unlocked the doors the engine shut off, he said this happens too. I noticed today that there is a weird noise coming from the driver side..I had the window down cruising 30 MPH and it sounds like a air flutter, air leaking out somewhere, not sure if under the jeep or under hood by master cylinder..

#7 ·
UPDATE/ The light went off last week when I was driving to Dealer for the appt. Funny how that happens, anyways since it went off Dealer will not look at it so I am driving it and everything works again. been a week, will see how it works out.

#10 ·
I just took my 2012 V-8 Overland Summit in for this very issue. Check engine light came on and ECO mode no longer worked.

Invoice states the following: "Scan and test P0771 TSB 18-050-11 applies to this DTC so updated PCM to latest software level per TSB." I interpret all this to mean that there is a technical service bulliten that applies to this issue. I'm going to jinx myself when I report that there has been no recurrence of the problem since.

#11 ·
http://wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_1805011.pdf

Had the same problem. Codes are saved in memory even after the MIL goes off. Dealer ran the TSB above, reflashed the PCM in my 2012 GC and no problems since.

The MIL will come back, so you need to take a trip to your dealer. Mine did the work in less than 1 hour while I sipped coffee, did some work on my laptop and ate a pastry in their waiting area. And they even washed and dried it.

#13 ·
Over 80,000 miles and my Gas Cap light came on and had the p0441 code. There was not other warning lights came on.

The fix was that I noticed a buildup around the rim on the filler tube. I took a shop towel and put in in the filler tube and then used steel wool to clean the rim of the filler tube back down to clean metal. Carefully removed the paper towel, replaced the gas cap and started the vehicle. The gas cap light came on for about two seconds and then shutoff and has not come back on for over a month.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.