Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   Tire recommendation...? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/tire-recommendation-56119.html)

1BAMFR 03-08-2013 09:03 PM

Tire recommendation...?

Hi guys, my father-in law has a 2011 Limited w/ the 18" chrome wheels. His tires are bald, what do you recommend or what are you guys running as far as a decent all season tire replacement. It currently has Michelins on it .

Thanks, Keoni

jacko15 03-08-2013 11:51 PM

Re: Tire recommendation...?

Not sure what driving conditions you have to deal with, but after careful research I've chosen these for a really good all around tire for my JGC. Michelin LTX M/S2 265/60 R18. That would be a good fit for the Limited. I would suggest you go to Tire Rack and use their tool to compare tires for that vehicle. They have a wealth of info there.

AAAA 03-09-2013 12:15 PM

I like the LTX M/S 2's for what I do which is no heavy off roading. They are not AT or snowflake/mountain symbol, but a more aggressive 70,000 mile very quiet all season tire. However I want a year round tire which is better in the snow and may consider GY Silent Armor or new Nokian Rotiiva AT on future vehicle. I put Nokian WR G2's on wife's Legacy and it was a bear in 7" of heavy wet snow this week. The Subaru is our "city car".

1stJeepGC 03-09-2013 07:36 PM

Greetings,

I found a new appreciation for Nokian Tires. Currently, I am running with the Rotiva AT. The Nokian WR G2 will be an excellent tire for all season use. Yes, Nokian are more money, however, if you want to really enjoy the JGC and feel safe, then the extra money is well worth it.

Best for now.:)

steveo 03-09-2013 07:49 PM

Man.... You should do a search. There are tons-o-tons of tire threads on here. Take reviews with a grain of salt though. I like to read all the negative and try to find a pattern.

AAAA 03-09-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1stJeepGC (Post 777018)
Greetings,

I found a new appreciation for Nokian Tires. Currently, I am running with the Rotiva AT. The Nokian WR G2 will be an excellent tire for all season use. Yes, Nokian are more money, however, if you want to really enjoy the JGC and feel safe, then the extra money is well worth it.

How quiet are the Nokian Rotiiva AT's and have you had them in the snow? Thanks.

1stJeepGC 03-09-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAAA (Post 777041)
How quiet are the Nokian Rotiiva AT's and have you had them in the snow? Thanks.

Greetings,

This is based on just less than 1000 miles on them to date.

I had them in roughly 6 inches of fresh snow with the JGC set to auto. No problem in the fresh stuff. Very little over steer in the rear end, holds it's course. Slush and lite stuff, traction and breaking is great. Did not have the pleasure for deep or wet snow yet. I am sure if I have the JGC set to auto, it should not be a problem either. I was hoping to try them in the snow mode.

In terms of quietness, for an AT tire running at 35 psi, they are pretty good and better than I expected. There are many different highway surfaces that I drive over, especially on the weekends. Rough surfaces, as always with an AT is noisy, but the Rotiva was not bad at all. Fair surfaces, they are smooth and quiet. Smooth surfaces, yep, real quiet and smooth.

Now I know why folks in the New England and Canada swear by them. A friend from Europe told me also to get them when he heard that Nokian was here in the states. I can see why you love them (WR G2) on the Legacy.

I am waiting to get some more miles on them and the switch over to the summer blend of gas before I post a detail review.

moosehead 03-10-2013 12:03 AM

Firestone Destination AT @ $160 a corner

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey....jsp?type=ORAT

1BAMFR 03-10-2013 04:59 PM

Thanks guys! Appreciate all your input. I will post up pics when we get them on.

AAAA 03-11-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1stJeepGC (Post 777090)
Greetings,

This is based on just less than 1000 miles on them to date.

I had them in roughly 6 inches of fresh snow with the JGC set to auto. No problem in the fresh stuff. Very little over steer in the rear end, holds it's course. Slush and lite stuff, traction and breaking is great. Did not have the pleasure for deep or wet snow yet. I am sure if I have the JGC set to auto, it should not be a problem either. I was hoping to try them in the snow mode.

In terms of quietness, for an AT tire running at 35 psi, they are pretty good and better than I expected. There are many different highway surfaces that I drive over, especially on the weekends. Rough surfaces, as always with an AT is noisy, but the Rotiva was not bad at all. Fair surfaces, they are smooth and quiet. Smooth surfaces, yep, real quiet and smooth.

Now I know why folks in the New England and Canada swear by them. A friend from Europe told me also to get them when he heard that Nokian was here in the states. I can see why you love them (WR G2) on the Legacy.

I am waiting to get some more miles on them and the switch over to the summer blend of gas before I post a detail review.

Thanks. LTX M/S 2's do have some rear end oversteer. I gave you 2400 rep points.:thumbsup:

Taymony 03-14-2013 08:25 PM

just order some 17 inch xd cranks with some nitto terra grapplers 285 70r 17s. ill post pics when everything is installed