Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Grand Cherokee or Range Rover Evoque? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/grand-cherokee-or-range-rover-evoque-56127.html)

Vanguard 03-09-2013 06:35 AM

Grand Cherokee or Range Rover Evoque?

I was pretty much set on an Overland until I saw a 4 door evoque driving the other guy...pretty little thing.

Both seem to be in the same price range (overland/summit) and that little evoque can sure handle its own offroad.

Its quicker and better MPG than the GC, not to mention more stylish.

I have no idea about reliability, but the reviews are all very positive and both cars are in the same class in terms true on and off road performance.

I guess it suffers in the towing department, but I don't tow anything.

Has anyone here considered it?

Srt8_hmi 03-09-2013 07:09 AM

Re: Grand Cherokee or Range Rover Evoque?

This is a JEEP forum. Sounds like its better in every aspect and it's "pretty". You should buy it.

scooterha 03-09-2013 08:33 AM

then why even post this question here? sounds like your mind is made up.

bill_de 03-09-2013 08:45 AM

It sounds like a fair question for a Jeep forum. Where else would you go to find people who thought about the Evoque and decided on the Grand Cherokee. If I was in Vangaurd's position I would want to hear why people decided against it. He already knows what makes it attractive.

My only experience with the brand was from years ago as an auto adjuster. While they were advertising their great off road capability, we were writing $3000+ estimates on vehicles that hit a New York City pot hole. Of course, NYC roads can offer a bigger challenge than any off road course. :)

scooterha 03-09-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 776635)
It sounds like a fair question for a Jeep forum. Where else would you go to find people who thought about the Evoque and decided on the Grand Cherokee. If I was in Vangaurd's position I would want to hear why people decided against it. He already knows what makes it attractive.

My only experience with the brand was from years ago as an auto adjuster. While they were advertising their great off road capability, we were writing $3000+ estimates on vehicles that hit a New York City pot hole. Of course, NYC roads can offer a bigger challenge than any off road course. :)

LOL always one for the people bill!

SMG1 03-09-2013 09:08 AM

For me the biggest issue with the Evoque is the size; it's definitely more form than function. The other issue for me is the price. It's probably somewhat irrational since it is still a Land Rover, but a compact SUV that starts at $42k without any options is still a tough pill for me to swallow. But if neither of those things are a concern to you, you really can't go wrong with either choice.

Keirik 03-09-2013 09:15 AM

The sunroof doesn't even open, right? It's just a glass roof? Seems kind of pointless to me.

mpatel1080 03-09-2013 09:20 AM

Besides off road capability they are in a totally different class of vechicles due to size. The Evoque is MUCH smaller in both cargo and passenger compartments.
The Land Rover will likely cost a lot more to repair as well.

moosehead 03-09-2013 09:32 AM

Well, the Baby Range Rover sure is cute!

canis 03-09-2013 09:34 AM

Looks are definitely a personal matter; I think they're ugly, and if you like the look then good on you. Visibility is extremely poor due to the high belt line. Interior is relatively small. Oh, and it was co-designed by David Beckham's wife. So if you want to be associated with any of that...

Now the new Range Rover on the other hand. I want I want I want!

Gene20354 03-09-2013 09:42 AM

I was originally looking at an Evoque but ended up ordering a Overland. I test drove one and was impressed but there are some drawbacks. Positive items for me were: a great interior, 17 speakers, 5 cameras, 28 MPG. Negatives: First on my list are price, costly dealer service and questionable reliability. The trunk space is small and the rear seats do not fold flat.

Burrogs 03-09-2013 09:43 AM

If you're single get the Evoque