Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Temporary Ride (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/temporary-ride-56134.html)

SnoFire 03-09-2013 08:35 AM

Temporary Ride

3 Attachment(s)
As most know, I've been around the forums since the 2014 Thread opened last year. I finally ordered my vehicle on 3/5 and can't wait for it to show up. Once I ordered, I had to put my vehicle up for sale (08 Chevy Trailblazer). Knowing the last few times selling cars on CL, it has normally taken a few weeks to get them sold. I wasn't in a rush to get rid of it but wanted it sold before the new car came in. After 2 days of being on CL, it was sold and they wanted it the next evening. YIKES!! Now what do I do without a vehicle for the next 5-10 weeks with no vehicle. Renting a vehicle would defeat the purpose on me selling it more than what the dealer would give me for it since it would run about $1000 for a month in a ECONO car. Well, I made a call to the fire chief at our station as I knew he had a 2nd car that he doesn't use. It is a 1995 Grand Cherokee repainted last year Fire Engine Red. I never rode in it before until last night. Wow, am I slumming it compared to my Trailblazer. It will make me appreciate the new Jeep that much more knowing that I just had to drive this during the wait. Here are a few pictures of what I just got..Enjoy

Edit: I have alot of cleaning in it to do. I'm going to count how many Camel cigerette packs and Mt. Dew cans I find. I'm doing the headlight restoration today as well, they are nasty.

scooterha 03-09-2013 08:40 AM

Re: Temporary Ride

LOL Sno! Rollin up in da hoopty!

collosus76 03-09-2013 08:51 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Dude, Here is my jalopy I rode (still ride as a work car) for over 3 years before buying my wk2 last October...

Attachment 20813

Attachment 20814

I'm gonna keep it until the body finishes to rust off. Plus my kid loves it lol

So yeah...not too much pity from me HAHA

bill_de 03-09-2013 08:55 AM

See how nice red and black look together? I really wanted a red Overland 'til they took the black trim away. Wanna trade?

GBJeep 03-09-2013 09:08 AM

That one has definitely been around a while. My first JGC was a 2002 in Red, which I kept for almost eight years. Like you said Sno this will make you appreciate the ride that much more! :D

SnoFire 03-09-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by collosus76 (Post 776643)
Dude, Here is my jalopy I rode (still ride as a work car) for over 3 years before buying my wk2 last October...
I'm gonna keep it until the body finishes to rust off. Plus my kid loves it lol

So yeah...not too much pity from me HAHA

Oh I hear ya. If you keep it somewhat clean and keep up on things, it might not be bad. I couldn't tell you when the last time he cleaned it. Can't use back seats as those are laid down and a bungee strap is holding the seat cushion on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 776645)
See how nice red and black look together? I really wanted a red Overland 'til they took the black trim away. Wanna trade?

The interior is gray, steering wheel is black. Straight up trade for your new 14 GC, SURE! :lol:

canis 03-09-2013 09:30 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Nice ZJ Sno! Except that's a '93 model (first year production). I had a '96 - still one of my favorite vehicles ever. It could go anywhere my CJ-7 could.

SW03ES 03-09-2013 09:57 AM

Wow...does that thing even have a driver's seat? LOL I can't tell!

SnoFire 03-09-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SW03ES (Post 776685)
Wow...does that thing even have a driver's seat? LOL I can't tell!

It has RealTree Camo seat covers.. I just got done with a thorough cleaning and doing the headlights. Looks a ton better. Hopefully she lasts until the new one comes in, sooner than later preferably.

Todd3.6 03-10-2013 12:07 PM

LOL.
My sister used to drive a first gen GC.
I drove it a few times.
I can't believe the difference in street handling between that one and mine.
I've also parked next to a first gen, wow that this is small in comparison.

SnoFire 03-10-2013 12:23 PM

This thing has seen better days. Going over a hard bump sounds like something is going to fall off the rear end. If I shake the back of the vehicle, I can see the right rear tire move and hear a clunk. I have to smack the blower fan (under the glove compartment) to get heat in the car (suppose to snow tonight/tomorrow) and the fan is loud even on low. Quart low of oil as there is an oil leak and a tranny leak.

Oh how the new one can't come soon enough..lol

jacko15 03-10-2013 01:14 PM

Takes me back to my teenage years, when I drove clunkers with a case of oil in the trunk! Ah, the good old days.