Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Are the New Wiper Blades Interchangeable? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/are-the-new-wiper-blades-interchangeable-56135.html)

SMG1 03-09-2013 09:24 AM

Are the New Wiper Blades Interchangeable?

Can anyone who has access to a '14 and a '11 - '13 (i.e. you're getting ready to trade your '11, or you work at a dealer, or you happen to be at the dealer, etc.) tell us if the new beam-style wiper blades are the same length as the old traditional blades? The mounting tabs on the wiper arms appear to be the same, so it looks like the blades should be interchangeable. I was at the dealer yesterday for an oil change and looked at the wipers on the '14, but I forgot to compare the blades to mine before I left. The prize if you choose to accept this mission, and successfully complete it, is one "thank" from me :D

moosehead 03-09-2013 10:03 AM

Re: Are the New Wiper Blades Interchangeable?

Bosch Icons fit and work well on the 2011, IIRC, 21" driver side, 22" Passenger.

SMG1 03-09-2013 10:27 AM

Yeah, I've got the Icons on my wife's car. I was just thinking the new ones might be just as good, and cheaper through one of the vendors like just for jeeps.

jacko15 03-09-2013 11:07 AM

Hope the Icons fit the '14 as well. I've been using them for years, and really like them. Anyone know about this?

chdavis 03-09-2013 12:22 PM

I think they'll fit interchangeably, but it's worth noting that the arm design has been revised slightly to make the aesthetics congruent.

jacko15 03-09-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chdavis (Post 776767)
I think they'll fit interchangeably, but it's worth noting that the arm design has been revised slightly to make the aesthetics congruent.

Thank goodness, I hate incongruent aesthetics! ;)

SMG1 03-09-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacko15 (Post 776775)
Thank goodness, I hate incongruent aesthetics! ;)

...especially with my wiper arms :D

FAUEE 03-09-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SMG1 (Post 776659)
Can anyone who has access to a '14 and a '11 - '13 (i.e. you're getting ready to trade your '11, or you work at a dealer, or you happen to be at the dealer, etc.) tell us if the new beam-style wiper blades are the same length as the old traditional blades? The mounting tabs on the wiper arms appear to be the same, so it looks like the blades should be interchangeable. I was at the dealer yesterday for an oil change and looked at the wipers on the '14, but I forgot to compare the blades to mine before I left. The prize if you choose to accept this mission, and successfully complete it, is one "thank" from me :D

I've been using Michelin beam blades on mine since I bought it. There's nothing special required for beam blades.

SMG1 03-09-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAUEE (Post 776933)
I've been using Michelin beam blades on mine since I bought it. There's nothing special required for beam blades.

I understand that the Icons and Latitudes will fit, I was just curious about the new factory blades.