Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   2014 Towing with QL (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/2014-towing-with-ql-56229.html)

kohj1978 03-10-2013 06:32 PM

2014 Towing with QL

My first full day of owning my new GC, i have the limited with ORA II i was towing my trailer this moring and noticed that the Quadra lift display kept flashing "raising" the entire time towing, it war a very light trailer mybe 1500lb and 150 TW, i cant seem to find any info on towing and QL with auto leveling. Should i have the dealer check it out or is this normal

Northland 03-10-2013 07:14 PM

Re: 2014 Towing with QL

You may be the first to have towed anything with a '14 with QL. Have you checked the owners manual for info on towing with QL and any special settings for same?

kohj1978 03-10-2013 07:33 PM

the owners manual has nothing about the QL while towing or auto leveling, i also checked the DVD it came with but no luck either. I was hoping someone esle had already towed with theres and give me some direction on it

Hammerhead 03-10-2013 08:28 PM

The user guide posted online seems to indicate the auto leveling can be disabled.

For vehicle equipped with Quadra-Lift® refer to “Quadra-Lift — If Equipped” in
“Starting And Operating” on the DVD for further information on disabling
automatic leveling.

kohj1978 03-11-2013 01:06 AM

There is setting for jacking the vehical for changing a tire , I've been thru the book and DVD, I guess its a trip to the Dealers in the morning

peckmv 03-11-2013 06:47 AM

I have a "12 with the Quadra lift and I tow. I have no message telling me that the QL is lifting. It automatically levels the Jeep and has been trouble free. It might be time for a dealer trip to have yours checked out.;)

Jim_in_PA 03-11-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peckmv (Post 777903)
I have a "12 with the Quadra lift and I tow. I have no message telling me that the QL is lifting. It automatically levels the Jeep and has been trouble free. It might be time for a dealer trip to have yours checked out.;)

Same here...never any "message" about lifting unless I press one of the buttons to change the height up or down. It just works. This is regardless of towing or adjusting level when passengers enter the back seat.

kohj1978 03-11-2013 10:17 AM

Go figure, I finaly get a new bc and it's straight to the shop. I ha e an appontment at 1 I also noticed that while drivi g straight the wheel is the ed slightly to the right so there looking at that also

kohj1978 03-11-2013 02:06 PM

So i just left the dealer and what a waste of time that was, So i have a error code to do with the air compressor overheating but have no way of reading beacuse they said it to new and not updated in the system yet, they asked me to tow my trailer down to see if they can find something wrong with it hooked up, and then tried to say it might be a problem with the trailer itself, which is a year old 1000lb cargo trail and uses a 4 pin, i dont think so. They also said it needs an alignment (100 miles on it) but they cant do that because the need a differant mechine so i might have to drive 45mins to their main dealership. Day 3 of ownership and not overly happy .

Tristar 03-14-2013 02:53 PM

Any updates on this?

Andoskyy 03-14-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kohj1978 (Post 778160)
So i just left the dealer and what a waste of time that was, So i have a error code to do with the air compressor overheating but have no way of reading beacuse they said it to new and not updated in the system yet, they asked me to tow my trailer down to see if they can find something wrong with it hooked up, and then tried to say it might be a problem with the trailer itself, which is a year old 1000lb cargo trail and uses a 4 pin, i dont think so. They also said it needs an alignment (100 miles on it) but they cant do that because the need a differant mechine so i might have to drive 45mins to their main dealership. Day 3 of ownership and not overly happy .

Being out of alignment from the factory is not uncommon at all. This happens on all makes and models, luxury brands included.

Annoying? Yes. But don't look at it as "Chrysler producing a crappy product"

kohj1978 03-14-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andoskyy (Post 780486)
Being out of alignment from the factory is not uncommon at all. This happens on all makes and models, luxury brands included.

Annoying? Yes. But don't look at it as "Chrysler producing a crappy product"

I Understand this, and that isn't why i was pissed it was the dealers lack of help with anything, I understand there new and in getting the fisrt run of a vehical their will be problems and glitch that will be fixed in time, but to not be able to read the problem code with the dealers computer blows my mind. and all the techs said they have haad no training on the 14 and mine was the first one they have seen, im still waitng for them to activate my nav. And with no answer for the overheating air pump i dont dare to tow with it. I'm guessing that i just have a crappy dealer and need to find another. But i do love my Jeep!