Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/)
-   -   Cheapest 392 stroker for 5.7l hemi (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/cheapest-392-stroker-for-5-7l-hemi-56379.html)

greenwayer 03-13-2013 12:12 AM

Cheapest 392 stroker for 5.7l hemi

Hey guys,

I was wondering what the cheapest 392 stroker will be for my 5.7l hemi. The current price to beat is $2685.
5.7L Hemi to 392ci Manley Stroker Kit

I will be installing it myself :cool:, and from what I understand the engine doesnt need to be rebored either. Also, after its done what cam and tune will be necessary? I would like to keep MDS. I have an 05 wk 5.7l

Thanks,
Greenway

jeepgcoman 03-13-2013 06:21 PM

Re: Cheapest 392 stroker for 5.7l hemi

What all comes with the stroker? Do they use forged cranks? What kind of pistons (and compression ratio) are they using? Are the pistons forged or sand cast?

There are several cams, by several manufacturers, available that retain the MDS. I went with the FRI Engineering Sidewinder cam (advanced 2 degrees), as it has been around for about 7-8 years and is well proven in Hemi engines. MDS is on almost all the time now, both in town and on the highway.

Are you planning to use the stock heads? What kind of exhaust (headers and cat. back) are planning to use? If done right, that thing should be a beast, and deliver some real good fuel economy.....if you can keep your foot out of it. My best, since cam and headers, is 24 mpg, but I normally get ~22 mpg on the highway...figured with a calculator. Just did a 162 mile trip (all highway in rolling hills except for ~8 miles of city) today on 7.1 gallons. If you don't go too wild on the build, you should easily beat that. Good luck and keep us posted on what you end up doing.

greenwayer 03-13-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepgcoman (Post 779941)
What all comes with the stroker? Do they use forged cranks? What kind of pistons (and compression ratio) are they using? Are the pistons forged or sand cast?

There are several cams, by several manufacturers, available that retain the MDS. I went with the FRI Engineering Sidewinder cam (advanced 2 degrees), as it has been around for about 7-8 years and is well proven in Hemi engines. MDS is on almost all the time now, both in town and on the highway.

Are you planning to use the stock heads? What kind of exhaust (headers and cat. back) are planning to use? If done right, that thing should be a beast, and deliver some real good fuel economy.....if you can keep your foot out of it. My best, since cam and headers, is 24 mpg, but I normally get ~22 mpg on the highway...figured with a calculator. Just did a 162 mile trip (all highway in rolling hills except for ~8 miles of city) today on 7.1 gallons. If you don't go too wild on the build, you should easily beat that. Good luck and keep us posted on what you end up doing.

I posted a link to the kit in my first post, so you can take a look at it and tell me what you think. But, the website says everything is forged, and I will be using the stock heads, a good air filter ( I dont really beleive in CAI), and a borla cat back (custom fabricated). Wow, thats really good gas mileage, do you have a stroker in your truck? What kind of hp/0-60 mph do you get?

Chaoul1 03-13-2013 09:45 PM

DO it!

Chaoul1 03-13-2013 09:46 PM

Check out InertiaMotorsports. They have great products as well

greenwayer 03-13-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaoul1 (Post 780080)
Check out InertiaMotorsports. They have great products as well

I checked them out but their rotating assembly is over $3000.

Gojeep 03-14-2013 02:39 AM

Love to know how it goes if you go ahead. Wouldn't mind doing my low mileage 5.7 even though it does not require a re-build. Either that or super charge it.

greenwayer 03-14-2013 08:20 PM

Hey guys,
Someone is willing to sell me a shortblock 6.4l srt block, will this bolt up to my 5.7l hemi?

Thanks,
Greenway

4.whoa 03-18-2013 06:39 AM

I dont think so. IIRC its a different bolt pattern (bellhousing)