Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Diesel Powered 2012+ Export Grand Cherokee (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f157/)
-   -   Latest order time for 2014 Diesel GC? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f157/latest-order-time-for-2014-diesel-gc-56384.html)

mceb 03-13-2013 08:03 AM

Latest order time for 2014 Diesel GC?

I'm making my final decision on buying my first Jeep, a 2014 GC diesel. I was going to take a last look around at the competition at the NY auto show in 2 weeks.

How long is the best guess on delivery of orders for 2014 diesel GC? Are we talking summer for delivery? Have dealers already made their first allocations of diesel orders by now?

I can get Chrysler Affiliate pricing...hopefully my local NJ dealers will work with that.

bertball50 03-13-2013 08:14 AM

Re: Latest order time for 2014 Diesel GC?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mceb (Post 779488)
I'm making my final decision on buying my first Jeep, a 2014 GC diesel. I was going to take a last look around at the competition at the NY auto show in 2 weeks.

How long is the best guess on how long on orders of 2014 diesel GC? Are we talking summer for delivery? Have dealers already made their first allocations of diesel orders by now?

I can get Chrysler Affiliate pricing...hopefully my local NJ dealers will work with that.

there's been no orders for anybody on crd's yet, dealers or average joes. hopefully they'll take orders sometime next month with production starting in my, which would make deliveries start around july. this is what we're hoping for. supposedly trying to get the transmission mated to the crd. :)

Jim_in_PA 03-14-2013 09:15 AM

CRD production is "currently" slated for May according to the sticky threads up above...with ordering still listed as starting late April. So late May/early June is likely the first delivery option if things stay that way. But the CDR production start date has slipped more than once already...

mceb 03-14-2013 01:42 PM

Ok cool. I'll keep an eye here on JeepGarage to watch for production and ordering start-up

weck 03-15-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim_in_PA (Post 780283)
CRD production is "currently" slated for May according to the sticky threads up above...with ordering still listed as starting late April. So late May/early June is likely the first delivery option if things stay that way. But the CDR production start date has slipped more than once already...

I was under the impression that the April 22 date was a Production launch date, not a order open date. I am cautiously optimistic the system will start accepting orders on April 3rd....:(

Jim_in_PA 03-15-2013 01:05 PM

We can only hope, weck...I just inadvertently typed "late" in front of April. Sorry.

Jamesla30 03-15-2013 03:29 PM

current "rumors" have the order date for CRD to April 5 (or beginning of April in general), production start date as April 22, but have also seen references to "May" production. Many of us are assuming "May" production starts on April 22.

If you want to firm dates, I would assume if you place an order for CRD and get in on the first allocation you should expect to see your Jeep in your driveway sometime in June. Worst case scenario, end of July.