Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   2014 Overland Buzzer Sound while driving (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/2014-overland-buzzer-sound-while-driving-56385.html)

Strictly1 03-13-2013 08:06 AM

2014 Overland Buzzer Sound while driving

2014 Grand Cherokee Overland issue/question. Almost every day, we hear a low volume buzzer/ring sound come out of the drivers door speaker at random times. Yesterday the "aero" light was on in the dash when it happened. Dealer has no clue what it can be. Its not the end of the world, but I am curious to know what it is.? Does anyone have ANY insight ? Thanks in advance. In any event, BEST PURCHASE EVER !!

Keirik 03-13-2013 09:49 AM

Re: 2014 Overland Buzzer Sound while driving

does the buzzer sound decrease/increase in pitch along with your speed and acceleration?

Andoskyy 03-13-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strictly1 (Post 779490)
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland issue/question. Almost every day, we hear a low volume buzzer/ring sound come out of the drivers door speaker at random times. Yesterday the "aero" light was on in the dash when it happened. Dealer has no clue what it can be. Its not the end of the world, but I am curious to know what it is.? Does anyone have ANY insight ? Thanks in advance. In any event, BEST PURCHASE EVER !!

Do you have a phone or MP3 player plugged in? If so...is it charging?

JTS97Z28 03-13-2013 01:40 PM

Interesting to see this come up. Just an FYI I test drive a 2014 Overland V6 tech and during the test drive I noticed a buzz/humming sound as well. At first it sounded like it could have been from the blower motor inside of the passenger footwell/dash area, but then later it sounded more like a buzz noise coming from a speaker. To me it sounded like it was coming from the front passenger side. The noise was definitely not normal and caught my attention the entire drive.

Jackspat2 03-13-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andoskyy (Post 779619)
Do you have a phone or MP3 player plugged in? If so...is it charging?

This is what I was going to ask too. This creates buzzing type sounds sometimes

Strictly1 03-14-2013 09:18 AM

Hi and sorry for the delay. Nothing was charging at the time. It did not (does not) increase in volume with speed either. Yesterday it happened twice right about when we exceeded 40 mph. I cannot pinpoint the location, except somewhere in the front, one of the speakers perhaps.

It really odd and sort of becoming annoying. Dealer still clueless as to the cause.

blackknight 03-14-2013 09:23 AM

I did a test drive on 2014 Overland V6 Adv Tech also and heard this. It sounded to me like it was coming from the drivers side lower dash area near the door.

peddler 03-14-2013 09:54 AM

Is the buzzing possibly the air compressor for the QL automatically leveling the suspension? I think the QL antomatically lowers below a certain speed so that may be why it was going off above 40mph

DirtyDuc83 03-14-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peddler (Post 780299)
Is the buzzing possibly the air compressor for the QL automatically leveling the suspension? I think the QL antomatically lowers below a certain speed so that may be why it was going off above 40mph

This doesn't happen till over 60mph. Sounds like a dirty signal is getting to one of the speakers.

ColoradoJeep 03-14-2013 05:45 PM

Oh Boy, the "speaker buzzing" problem. Ouch! I had that with my 97 GC Laredo, and the never could fix it. Also the door locks would go crazy and click up and down and other electrical problems. The dealer said they most likely nicked and scraped the main wiring harness some place on a "burr" when pulling it through on assembly. They said they would have to tear the whole GC apart to try to find it. Take it back and RUN!

K_PSU 03-14-2013 06:09 PM

Any chance it is related to the speed sensitive volume setting for the radio? Maybe adjust that setting and see if it make any difference. I think it can be set at 0, 1, or 2. Probably not it, but worth a look maybe.

ChrisUCF99 03-15-2013 09:40 PM

Happened to me as well a few times. I don't think its the speaker, and if it is, has nothing to do with sound actually coming out. I muted the audio when I heard it, and the weird buzz noise continued for a second or two after.