Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Visual Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/)
-   -   Looking for reverse bulb HID conversion reviews (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/looking-for-reverse-bulb-hid-conversion-reviews-5647.html)

tman4024 01-16-2010 06:51 PM

Looking for reverse bulb HID conversion reviews

I'm thinking about getting some HIDs for my reverse lights. I'm looking for some long term reviews from those of you who have them. Have you experienced any issues with warping tails (especially if you have tinted tails)? Any issues with the ballast/bulb lifetime since they don't have time to warm-up before they turn off? Also, any other info you could provide would be great. Thanks!

08Hemi 01-18-2010 06:10 PM

Re: Looking for reverse bulb HID conversion reviews

I am waiting for the same info...I have wanted to do this for a while now but the non p-n-p aspect and the limited amount of time for heat-up has stopped me. I only know of two peeps on here that did the HID's in reverse, so hopefully they will chime in!

HEMIBeast 01-18-2010 06:37 PM

I've had reverse HIDs for a while now and havent experience or had any problems with them. I love them.. They work great at night when im backing up into my driveway and are super bright.

A few pictures and write up when I installed them.

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/hooking-up-reverse-hids-2953.html

Frankie 01-18-2010 07:05 PM

Jeremy...I say we each buy a kit them meet up with Alf and do them together! Ill bring the beer!

Robert Palmer 01-18-2010 07:13 PM

I will do this mod when I can get a separate switch hooked up to turn them on when not in reverse. :D

You know to make tailgaters stop tailgating. :D

tman4024 01-18-2010 08:36 PM

Joe, do people really tailgate you, especially now that you've got the SRT?! :lol:

tman4024 01-18-2010 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxSTUGOTSxox (Post 134471)
Jeremy...I say we each buy a kit them meet up with Alf and do them together! Ill bring the beer!

Sounds good to me!

HEMIBeast 01-18-2010 08:37 PM

:thumbsup:

Robert Palmer 01-18-2010 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tman4024 (Post 134531)
Joe, do people really tailgate you, especially now that you've got the SRT?! :lol:

Hey sometimes in NJ, I am going 85-90 and ****ers be tailgating. Yes there is the stomp the pedal method but hey sometimes I feel like being a prick. And that's where this comes in handy. :D

Chaoul1 01-18-2010 10:02 PM

Hahaa I can see Joe be like "WTF is he doing behind me that Jerkoff....(Smiles) Switches the switch for the HID reverse lights and says in his head A**hole" then Smiles more" lol. :)

08Hemi 01-21-2010 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis Presley (Post 134554)
Hey sometimes in NJ, I am going 85-90 and ****ers be tailgating. Yes there is the stomp the pedal method but hey sometimes I feel like being a prick. And that's where this comes in handy. :D

Sometimes? HAHA just playing

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-22-2010 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis Presley (Post 134474)
I will do this mod when I can get a separate switch hooked up to turn them on when not in reverse. :D

You know to make tailgaters stop tailgating. :D

i was sort of tailgating some guy once on i-80 and he had reverse mounted KC lights that he turned on, brighter than headlights. pa state trooper saw him and he got pulled over, i got a nice laugh out of the situation