Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Upgrade 130 RES / 430N 730N ? / ParkView Camera ? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/upgrade-130-res-430n-730n-parkview-camera-56554.html)

pitkinjeep 03-15-2013 12:15 PM

Upgrade 130 RES / 430N 730N ? / ParkView Camera ?
 
Hello Everyone,
There are many Uconnect posts, but I am having a hard time finding information about specific part numbers and models...the more I research, the more confused I become. I currently have a base model 130res and Uconnect Voice Command w/Bluetooth in a 2013 JGC. I would like to upgrade my system with a touch screen model, primarily for the purpose of installing a ParkView rear camera. These systems are too expensive for me to purchase through the dealership, so I have been looking on e-bay.
1) Is there a list of Part Numbers/Model Numbers that will verify fit with my vehicle?
2) Will 2011 and 2012 units fit my 2013 JGC?
3) Will a 430/430N/730N unit from a Dodge or Chrysler fit a 2013 JGC?
4) Do all units with a screen allow for backup camera viewing using the screen as a monitor?
5) Is a special unit or wiring harness required in order for the backup camera view to popup on the radio screen when the transmission is put in reverse?
Thank you for any help and advice :D

eibyer 03-15-2013 12:50 PM

Re: Upgrade 130 RES / 430N 730N ? / ParkView Camera ?
 
Hmm, this looks like it will work, maybe someone more knowledgeable would chime in. It has the right mounting tabs (you want the mounting tabs on the top, not the side). Has no NAV.

'11 '13 Dodge Durango Media Center CD DVD MP3 HDD Sirius | eBay

Not quite comfortable with the seller rating though :(

collosus76 03-15-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eibyer (Post 781020)
Hmm, this looks like it will work, maybe someone more knowledgeable would chime in. It has the right mounting tabs (you want the mounting tabs on the top, not the side). Has no NAV.

'11 '13 Dodge Durango Media Center CD DVD MP3 HDD Sirius | eBay

Not quite comfortable with the seller rating though :(

A durango radio will work but lighting on it will be blue and not green. Also not sure but it may say "dodge" instead of jeep on the screen. some have said it adjusts on its own others have said it does not.

go to wk2jeeps. there is a list of part numbers there. Also look up my thread "my wk2 so far" as I have done the upgrade to the 430N and I list a part number there. If you have uconnect and sirius the 430N (RHB) Nav unit is plug and play.


EDIT...Just saw this is a unit that has anti theft. You would need a code from the seller to be able to use in your vehicle.

eibyer 03-15-2013 03:26 PM

Re: Upgrade 130 RES / 430N 730N ? / ParkView Camera ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by collosus76 (Post 781046)
A durango radio will work but lighting on it will be blue and not green. Also not sure but it may say "dodge" instead of jeep on the screen. some have said it adjusts on its own others have said it does not.

go to wk2jeeps. there is a list of part numbers there. Also look up my thread "my wk2 so far" as I have done the upgrade to the 430N and I list a part number there. If you have uconnect and sirius the 430N (RHB) Nav unit is plug and play.


EDIT...Just saw this is a unit that has anti theft. You would need a code from the seller to be able to use in your vehicle.

Good catch on the anti-theft. I didn't notice it the first time. I had a 430 before I bought the 430N and the logo displayed was for Chrysler and never changed the whole time I owned it.

pitkinjeep 03-15-2013 03:46 PM

Re: Upgrade 130 RES / 430N 730N ? / ParkView Camera ?
 
collosus76 thank you for this helpful information. Do you have a back-up camera that uses the 430N as the monitor?

collosus76 03-15-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eibyer (Post 781108)

Good catch on the anti-theft. I didn't notice it the first time. I had a 430 before I bought the 430N and the logo displayed was for Chrysler and never changed the whole time I owned it.

I got lucky with my 430N. Got it for 450 bucks and my parts department guy added it to my vin.
When I was bidding some people were telling the seller it wasn't a Nav radio and blah blah. I think that helped me get it so cheap. I double checked the part number on WK2jeep

collosus76 03-15-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitkinjeep (Post 781124)
collosus76 thank you for this helpful information. Do you have a back-up camera that uses the 430N as the monitor?


Hey no problem.

I don't have the camera yet. I will most likely have the dealer install it. I think Scooterha has it on his.

My understanding is that you still have to take it to the dealer to have them enable it on the radio if you install it yourself.

Here ia the link to my mod threads. Check it out when you can. I started with a Laredo E. any other questions feel free to ask.

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/my-wk2-so-far-53896.html

pitkinjeep 03-15-2013 03:59 PM

Re: Upgrade 130 RES / 430N 730N ? / ParkView Camera ?
 
eibyer, thanks so much for your reply! Is it correct to say that a 430N high speed bus MY 2011, 2012, and 2013 from either Jeep, Chrysler or Dodge are all interchangeable? That the difference in part numbers are variations such as the mounting (sides, top, bottom, etc.), back lighting color, and display logo? Do you know if all 430n units allow for a back-up camera? Do you think I will be able to purchase any high speed Uconnect 430n with the correct mounting bracket, and it will be plug and play?

collosus76 03-15-2013 04:04 PM

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/wk2_radios_2011_2013_nav.htm

Check out the link. It will give you good info on the radios.

eibyer 03-15-2013 04:15 PM

Re: Upgrade 130 RES / 430N 730N ? / ParkView Camera ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pitkinjeep (Post 781139)
eibyer, thanks so much for your reply! Is it correct to say that a 430N high speed bus MY 2011, 2012, and 2013 from either Jeep, Chrysler or Dodge are all interchangeable? That the difference in part numbers are variations such as the mounting (sides, top, bottom, etc.), back lighting color, and display logo? Do you know if all 430n units allow for a back-up camera? Do you think I will be able to purchase any high speed Uconnect 430n with the correct mounting bracket, and it will be plug and play?

I cannot definitely say they are interchangeable but I will be comfortable to say that it will possibly work if they are the same bus speed and have the right mounting tabs. It will work even if the mounting tabs are not in the correct position but it will take some skill modding it to fit and mount properly.

There were some members who added the camera later after getting a 430/n but had to have the dealer add the camera so the system bus will know that the camera is present.

I have an aftermarket camera installed in mine but I also have a mygig lockpick installed so I didn't need to have the dealer flash.

onlyina 04-02-2013 01:20 PM

Re: Upgrade 130 RES / 430N 730N ? / ParkView Camera ?
 
follow up question - sorry to hi-jack pitkinjeep. Coastaletech says MyGig Nav radios HAVE uconnect installed but some are factory locked and their lockpick device will enable this feature (they state Wrangler not JGC but i assume these are the same units internally with the only difference being the exterior mounting tabs)

MYGIG MICROPHONE

Note: The microphone is available for use with the navigation MYGIG radio only. Non-nav MYGIG radios do not have the voice recognition and UCONNECT built in. See your Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealer for a factory kit which can connect and integrate these functions in the non-nav MYGIG radios.

So do ALL the RHB units come factory equipped with uconnect / bluetooth thus negating the need for the mopar bluetooth/uconnect module? Ive read the 730's have these modules within the head unit but have not seen reference to RHB's

Does anyone know if the lockpick also negates the need for the 4 digit security code needed on the post 2011 antitheft units?

eibyer 04-02-2013 04:51 PM

Re: Upgrade 130 RES / 430N 730N ? / ParkView Camera ?
 
Most of the RHB units I've seen come with Uconnect but if your GC does not have it then you will have to add the Uconnect module to make it work. My GC does not have Uconnect so that feature is useless in my case, unless of course I shell out some bucks to install the module.

Regarding the 4 digit code, no it doesn't bypass that. I installed an RHB with anti-theft and I had to input the security code to activate the radio.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community