Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Uconnect 8.4A issues (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/uconnect-8-4a-issues-56678.html)

kohj1978 03-17-2013 05:19 PM

Uconnect 8.4A issues

Over the last few days my 8.4a is starting to act up, it has frozen several times, and yesterday the screen went black, the radio was stilll working and i could change my stations with the steering controls but nothing on the screen, after retarting the car it worked fine this happend three time yesterday and then today the back up camera stopped working until i restarted it. I also noticed that auto start of heated seats and wheel isnt working even thou the option is selected. anyone esle having issues. Ido have some video of this so i can show th dealer, im heaeding in at 1030 monday so i guess ill find out then

RageOfFury 03-17-2013 05:29 PM

Re: Uconnect 8.4A issues

Software bugs on a new model? Yup!

kohj1978 03-18-2013 03:12 PM

just came from the deal, they said that there are several issues with the uconnect system like mine and that they have had a few other owners with similar problems and to wait for a fix from Chrysler. make me feel better that im not the only one

AbleRiot 03-18-2013 03:42 PM

Is this the first release of the 8.4 or are they on other Chrysler vehicles already? I remember when I first got my '10 Maxima, every now and then the screen/audio/nav would reboot randomly but "eventually" fixed by a TSB

Taws600 03-18-2013 03:56 PM

If its anything like the fishbite issue many have with their hemi wk2's you will be waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and being promised a fix is coming and waiting some more until the car is so old that u sell it.

WVSpelunker 03-18-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kohj1978 (Post 782309)
Over the last few days my 8.4a is starting to act up, it has frozen several times, and yesterday the screen went black, the radio was stilll working and i could change my stations with the steering controls but nothing on the screen, after retarting the car it worked fine this happend three time yesterday and then today the back up camera stopped working until i restarted it. I also noticed that auto start of heated seats and wheel isnt working even thou the option is selected. anyone esle having issues. Ido have some video of this so i can show th dealer, im heaeding in at 1030 monday so i guess ill find out then

I was actually heading back from lunch today and my screen went blank, the Jeep logo appeared, and then went back to normal without having to restart it. Sound was off, so I don't know if it kept playing or not. Haven't had any of the other issues though.

jgc4ever 03-18-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbleRiot (Post 782876)
Is this the first release of the 8.4 or are they on other Chrysler vehicles already? I remember when I first got my '10 Maxima, every now and then the screen/audio/nav would reboot randomly but "eventually" fixed by a TSB

The version of the 8.4 in the Grand Cherokee is a new release. The 2013 Ram might have got it too, not sure. Someone hopefully knows...

byl9 03-18-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kohj1978 (Post 782309)

i read somewhere that the auto heated seat and steering wheel does not turn on if the outside temperature is above 40F.
someone may correct me if I am wrong, but it may be in the manual.

jacko15 03-18-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by byl9 (Post 782914)
i read somewhere that the auto heated seat and steering wheel does not turn on if the outside temperature is above 40F.
someone may correct me if I am wrong, but it may be in the manual.

• Auto-On Driver Heated/Ventilated Seat & Steering
Wheel With Vehicle Start — If Equipped
When this feature is selected the driver’s heated seat and
heated steering wheel will automatically turn on when
temperatures are below 40° F (4.4° C). When temperatures
are above 80° F (26.7° C) the driver vented seat will
turn on. To make your selection, touch the Auto Heated
Seats soft-key, until a check-mark appears next to setting,
showing that setting has been selected. Touch the back
arrow soft-key to return to the previous menu.

Roki303 03-18-2013 07:23 PM

I hope they will develop patch before my Overland will be build.

MikeRP 03-18-2013 07:42 PM

Mine is working great! No issues whatsoever. We have the 8.4n on the limited.

FAUEE 03-18-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacko15 (Post 783054)
• Auto-On Driver Heated/Ventilated Seat & Steering
Wheel With Vehicle Start — If Equipped
When this feature is selected the driver’s heated seat and
heated steering wheel will automatically turn on when
temperatures are below 40° F (4.4° C). When temperatures
are above 80° F (26.7° C) the driver vented seat will
turn on. To make your selection, touch the Auto Heated
Seats soft-key, until a check-mark appears next to setting,
showing that setting has been selected. Touch the back
arrow soft-key to return to the previous menu.

That's pretty much how it works on my Overland as well. Wish it would do the same when started by the push button too, as I don't often remote start.