Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems Discussion (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/)
-   -   95 grand cherokee larado 4x4 v6 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/95-grand-cherokee-larado-4x4-v6-56725.html)

95grandecher 03-18-2013 01:15 PM

95 grand cherokee larado 4x4 v6

i have a 1995 grand cherokee i have replaced both rear calipers pads and motors twice in the last 2 months and i can't figure it what is making them stick and freeze so much I've checked both rear brake hoses and both are in working order i need help

pitbull330 03-19-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 95grandecher (Post 782790)
i have a 1995 grand cherokee i have replaced both rear calipers pads and motors twice in the last 2 months and i can't figure it what is making them stick and freeze so much I've checked both rear brake hoses and both are in working order i need help

Well the only thing would be is that the bracket holding down the brake hos rusted. And made the hose collapse on itself. There is only nylon running threw the rubber hose. Just double check and make sure you have good flow going through the brick hose

Frango100 03-19-2013 10:15 PM

Re: 95 grand cherokee larado 4x4 v6

Not familiar with 95 GC brakes, but the calipers most probably have sliding pins. These pins need to be lubricated once in a while. Forgetting this will prevent the caliper to slide and once brake is applied, it won´t return anymore and stay braking, causing exessive heat buildup and rapid rotor and pad wear.
And ehhhhhh, just for the records, the engine is an I-6:D

pitbull330 03-19-2013 10:22 PM

He said he replaced the calipers twice. Granted the always come prelubed. Its not the best lube but it does the job. I work on cars for a living. I always add caliper lube to fresh calipers. Any part store carries it. Comes in a green jar. Says caliper lube. If u did not do it already.

Frango100 03-21-2013 04:20 PM

Re: 95 grand cherokee larado 4x4 v6

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitbull330 (Post 783874)
He said he replaced the calipers twice. Granted the always come prelubed. Its not the best lube but it does the job. I work on cars for a living. I always add caliper lube to fresh calipers. Any part store carries it. Comes in a green jar. Says caliper lube. If u did not do it already.

He said he checked the brake hoses as well:D.
I understood that he only replaced the brake pads and rotors. But even if replacing the calipers (can't believe he replaced twice the calipers in 2 months:eek:), i'm not sure if the sliding pins are part of it. Was just an idea, don't get mad pitbull.

pitbull330 03-21-2013 11:08 PM

New slide pins come with a set up calipers. And he would not see if the brake hose are collapsed it all internal. Never said I was mad. I was just commenting. But we really need to know what kind of flow Ur getting threw Ur brake calipers.