Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Looking to Buy SRT Track Experience (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/looking-to-buy-srt-track-experience-56727.html)

QuickOne 03-18-2013 02:11 PM

Looking to Buy SRT Track Experience

Anyone not going to use their track experience?
I'm looking for 2 vouchers.
Let me know please

Thanks,
QuickOne

hankwedge 03-18-2013 03:33 PM

Good Luck I've been trying too. Wveeybody on here probably uses theirs.

QuickOne 03-19-2013 01:42 PM

Re: Looking to Buy SRT Track Experience

Quote:

Originally Posted by hankwedge (Post 782868)
Good Luck I've been trying too. Wveeybody on here probably uses theirs.

But it's so boring and useless to go race someone else's SRT cars/SUV around a race track and not worry about tires, brakes or crashing your daily driver!
I don't know why you would want to do anything like that. :slapfight::slapfight:

I like boring and useless events like this. :thumbsup:

Please PM if you don't! :lol:

Hoop 03-19-2013 10:21 PM

I'm not using mine so let me know what you want to give me for it. I did see that buying in has gone from $500 to $750 I think. Let me know what you want to pay. I took delivery on april 4th so you have to reserve your track day by then. Let me know.

QuickOne 03-20-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoop (Post 783873)
I'm not using mine so let me know what you want to give me for it. I did see that buying in has gone from $500 to $750 I think. Let me know what you want to pay. I took delivery on april 4th so you have to reserve your track day by then. Let me know.

Hoop,
These are for sale from SRT for $500. They sell for $250 on the forums and sometimes down to $150.
I'm offering $250 for the voucher.
Please let me know, as I would need to get this done in the next week so we don't lose the ability to use it this year.

Thanks,
QuickOne

Schleprock 03-20-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuickOne (Post 784010)
Hoop,
These are for sale from SRT for $500. They sell for $250 on the forums and sometimes down to $150.
Please let me know, as I would need to get this done in the next week so we don't lose the ability to use it this year.

Thanks,
QuickOne

No, they raised the price. $699 (+$199) for driving now, $150 ($50) for riders.

I have enjoyed the event multiple times, and it is well put together, however, it is far from a $700 event. I won't even attempt to come up with any reasoning for the ridiculous $150 ride along charge. It use to be $50 just a couple years ago!!!

ViperGTS 03-20-2013 10:38 AM

On the website it states the $150 for non-participants is for meals. I'm sorry, but I don't recall the food being anything that good when I went in '06.

Schleprock 03-20-2013 11:14 AM

The food was good IMO, but I have yet to eat a buffet style breakfast and lunch in my life that equals $150....let alone it being served under a tent with plastic utensils.

Like everything else SRT related, more price gouging. People who run the SRT event even tell you when you are at it that the cost to run the event is built into every SRT sale, and an overwhelming majority don't even go. Thus, thousands of dollars are being collected by buyers to fund something they never end up using. Yet they raise the prices 40% and 50%. I wish my pay went up that much each year.

hankwedge 03-20-2013 07:15 PM

Food was nasty last year. My 3 yr old could make a better breakfast and lunch.

white6.4 03-20-2013 07:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by hankwedge (Post 784498)
Food was nasty last year. My 3 yr old could make a better breakfast and lunch.

...should have called this guy

Milous 03-20-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schleprock (Post 784152)
The food was good IMO, but I have yet to eat a buffet style breakfast and lunch in my life that equals $150....let alone it being served under a tent with plastic utensils.

Like everything else SRT related, more price gouging. People who run the SRT event even tell you when you are at it that the cost to run the event is built into every SRT sale, and an overwhelming majority don't even go. Thus, thousands of dollars are being collected by buyers to fund something they never end up using. Yet they raise the prices 40% and 50%. I wish my pay went up that much each year.

How sad that everything related to $RT is fast becoming affordable for only the very wealthy. Back in 2005 SRT added $500 to the price of every SRT vehicle, imagine the $$ they have brought in for the tens of thousands of folks who have not attended the events.

Hoop 03-21-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuickOne (Post 784010)
Hoop,

Thanks,
QuickOne

if you look at the site I think you'll find that they have gone up to $699.00. Let me know if your interested in buying mine for $300.00.