Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   First Long Distance Drive (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/first-long-distance-drive-56729.html)

glassmtn 03-18-2013 03:29 PM

First Long Distance Drive

I made my first long distance trip from Oregon to Santa Fe, NM with my 2013 Jeep Limited V6 4x4. It is much more comfortable for long trips than my previous 2005 Subaru Outback. I got an average of 26.5 mpg from Oregon to Santa Fe, a distance of about 1500 miles. My route went through SE Oregon, N Nevada, S Utah, and N New Mexico. I used cruise control the entire time and my speed averaged about 63 mph on US Highways (maybe 80% of the trip) and 70 mph on the Interstate. At one point as I approached Farmington, NM my average was 28.5 mpg, but I guess I had more hills on the last leg of our trip to Santa Fe. These are computer measured mpg, and based upon previous observations, I would need to subtract 1 mpg to get pump miles. I am pleased with the Jeep's mileage, and very pleased with its comfort.

eric

2012 Summit 03-18-2013 03:34 PM

Re: First Long Distance Drive

Good to hear.

bill_de 03-18-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glassmtn (Post 782864)
I made my first long distance trip from Oregon to Santa Fe, NM with my 2013 Jeep Limited V6. It is much more comfortable for long trips than my previous 2005 Subaru Outback. I got an average of 26.5 mpg from Oregon to Santa Fe, a distance of about 1500 miles. My route went through SE Oregon, N Nevada, S Utah, and N New Mexico. I used cruise control the entire time and my speed averaged about 63 mph on US Highways (maybe 80% of the trip) and 70 mph on the Interstate. At one point as I approached Farmington, NM my average was 28.5 mpg, but I guess I had more hills on the last leg of our trip to Santa Fe. These are computer measured mpg, and based upon previous observations, I would need to subtract 1 mpg to get pump miles. I am pleased with the Jeep's mileage, and very pleased with its comfort.

eric

Glad to hear about the comfort. That's more important than all the crap about mileage. That belongs in the mileage thread.

IMHO :lol:

GBJeep 03-18-2013 05:31 PM

The comfort of the seats is one of the main things that sold me on my Jeep & are some of the most comfortable of any vehicle I have owned. Maybe the seats are equally as comfortable on the 2014's because the wife said she's so comfortable on the passenger's side I can't get rid of my current Jeep. :D

Jim_in_PA 03-18-2013 06:36 PM

Yea, I bought for the comfort, too, since I do a lot of highway miles myself. (I did a 1000 mile round trip the day after I took delivery of my Summit...:)) 'Glad you had a great ride on your little jaunt south! I would imagine that was a visually appealing drive, too...some nice country you passed through.

glassmtn 03-18-2013 06:45 PM

The drive was delightfully comfortable, and the scenary was outstanding. I so much prefer to drive on the secondary highways, such as the US Highway system, than the Interstates.

eric.

xnight 03-18-2013 09:45 PM

I agree, a week after getting my 14 limited hemi i made a trip to Buffalo NY area, loved the snow covered scenery, not my 1st GC but my first limited and hemi. Loved every minute of the 5 1/2 hour drive each way.